C.J. Spiller - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

C.J. Spiller

Moderator: Football Moderators

C.J. Spiller

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:53 pm

This should buy him some more playing time:

C.J. Spiller has impressed as a pass-protector during training camp.
It's an area of the game Spiller used to struggle with. "C.J. is right on the money," said coach Chan Gailey of Spiller's protection assignments. "He knows everything now." Expect Spiller to get some passing-down work in relief of starter Fred Jackson.
Source: BuffaloBills.com
Aug 24 - 9:57 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... -news?rw=1
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: C.J. Spiller

Postby Dirt McGirt » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:45 pm

CJ is the game breaker and will have his big plays.

I really do think that as far as value goes FJax is as good as it gets. I hope more news like this comes out so Freddy slips even further. Lets not forget that through his first 10 games before the leg injury that he had not been held to single digit fantasy points once, and was on pace to lead all rbs in fantasy points. Fred Jackson anything past the 4th round will be a gift.

With this being a CJ Spiller thread though i will finish on my thoughts on him. I think he will get 1 drive per quarter as the feature back and will get touches through the air even when its freddys show.
Dirt McGirt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:19 am

Choice fills the bill after Spiller departs
BY: Jay Skurski

CLEVELAND - The Buffalo Bills' rushing attack marched on Sunday even without its premier playmaker.

Stepping in for the electrifying C.J. Spiller, Tashard Choice rushed 20 times for 91 yards in helping the Bills pick up a much-needed 24-14 road win at Cleveland Browns Stadium.

Spiller was hurt on a clean play in the first quarter, when he was tackled by Browns defensive back Usama Young. Spiller's left shoulder was driven into the ground as Young landed on top of him after a 25-yard gain on a screen pass (a holding penalty on the play moved it back).

Spiller had earlier taken a screen pass 32 yards for a touchdown, the sixth straight game in which he has scored. That's the longest streak by a Bill since Thurman Thomas' six-game streak in 1990.

Coach Chan Gailey said after the game that his third-year running back did not suffer a broken collarbone.

"He's out for a week or two, but I don't know how extensive it is," Gailey said at the start of his news conference, later adding, "I don't believe it's long, long-term. If he misses a week, that's long for me."

con't...

more: http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 29532/1004
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby big.d57 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:40 am

What do you guys think of his value moving forward? With Fred Jackson returning soon, who will get more touches?
big.d57
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 172)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:53 am

big.d57 wrote:What do you guys think of his value moving forward? With Fred Jackson returning soon, who will get more touches?

In my opinion Fred will get more touches, but I dont think that necessarily means that Fred will out score CJ.. I think CJ has done enough to earn a bigger share of the offense and has shown that he can produce pretty quality RB1 numbers on limited touches. I think even if he gets only 10 carries and maybe 5-10 targets in the passing game he'll be a RB2 borderline RB1.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby iloveny18 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:27 pm

prophecy135 wrote:
big.d57 wrote:What do you guys think of his value moving forward? With Fred Jackson returning soon, who will get more touches?

In my opinion Fred will get more touches, but I dont think that necessarily means that Fred will out score CJ.. I think CJ has done enough to earn a bigger share of the offense and has shown that he can produce pretty quality RB1 numbers on limited touches. I think even if he gets only 10 carries and maybe 5-10 targets in the passing game he'll be a RB2 borderline RB1.

idk if it will be significantly more. it's clear that CJ's a playmaker. How do you not give this guy the ball?!
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:34 pm

Updated: 09/24/2012, 11:27 PM
Good news for Bills' injured running backs
Jackson progressing, Spiller improved

The Buffalo Bills sound resigned to being without one star running back Sunday when the New England Patriots come to town, but could be getting a different one back.

Fred Jackson on Monday gave himself a "70 to 75 percent chance" of playing in the divisional showdown after missing the Bills' last two games - both victories - with a sprained LCL in his right knee suffered in the season opener against the New York Jets.

"From the workout and the rehab [Monday] morning, it went extremely well. It looks like he's going to practice Wednesday and we'll see how he feels during the course of the week," coach Chan Gailey said. "I'm very optimistic."

As for C.J. Spiller - who leads the NFL in yards from scrimmage with 422 in Jackson's absence but suffered a left shoulder injury in Sunday's 24-14 win over the Cleveland Browns - the news was also positive.

"Maybe not as bad as originally thought," Gailey said. "[We're] not going to completely rule him out this week, but you know I think it's more of a chance that he won't [play against New England] than he will."

Gailey said Spiller has a "good chance" to be back after the New England game, when the Bills start a two-game West coast trip at San Francisco

con't...

more: http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 29418/1004
stomperrob

Postby stomperrob » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:37 am

Jackson, Spiller stall in return to action
Fumbles by each set negative tone

After fretting last week about having running backs Fred Jackson or C.J. Spiller in the lineup for Sunday's showdown with the New England Patriots, it turned out the Buffalo Bills had both.

Not that it much mattered.

Jackson and Spiller combined for 26 touches and produced 107 yards, but each lost costly fumbles in the Bills' humiliating 52-28 loss at Ralph Wilson Stadium.

"It does not sit well, especially if you want to get to the postseason," Spiller said. "You have to be able to win these types of games and we understand that."

Both Jackson and Spiller said afterward they came out of the game without doing further damage to their respective injuries - a sprained right knee for Jackson and sprained left shoulder for Spiller.

"It's sore. It's what's expected, nothing new," Jackson said.

con't...

more: http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 39886/1004
stomperrob

Postby big.d57 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:08 pm

Not liking the outlook so far on Spiller or Jackson. I guess they were playing the tough 49ers defense though...
big.d57
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 172)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Football Talk