Stevan Ridley - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Stevan Ridley

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stevan Ridley

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:54 pm

What a difference a year makes:

Stevan Ridley has spent the majority of training camp as the Patriots' top option between the tackles.
Ridley is fighting off a minor knee issue and a charge from Shane Vereen. But all along, we've suspected that he has a grip on the old BenJarvus Green-Ellis role. That means clock-killing and goal-line work for a team that projects to have the lead a ton this season. A push for double-digit scores is certainly within reach for Ridley.
Related: Shane Vereen
Source: Boston Herald
Aug 24 - 11:17 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... -news?rw=1
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Stevan Ridley

Postby bostonsoxandy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:15 pm

What a difference BJGE and his 200 carries make.

Someone has to take the 200 carries BJGE had last year. Vereen and Woodhead are small 3rd-down backs, which leaves it to Ridley and Bolden.

I honestly think Belichick will split the 200 somewhere along the line of 70/30 between ridley and bolden.
bostonsoxandy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:52 pm

With Vereen out week 1, Ridley should get the lion's share of the carries.
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:31 pm

Stevan Ridley played on 40-of-67 snaps in Sunday's win over the Titans.
Danny Woodhead (14 snaps) was the closest running back to Ridley, who finished with 125 yards and a touchdown on 21 carries. Last year, BenJarvus Green-Ellis only had one game with 40-plus snaps. The staff appears enamored with Ridley's explosive power. He's set up for a big season as the Patriots project to be protecting a lead often this season.
Sep 10 - 8:42 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... -news?rw=1
stomperrob

Postby Bigpop » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:12 am

I have him in one of my leagues and I just can't decide if I start him at flex or not. I didn't get to see the game to give the "eye ball test". I really hope he has an amazing season but lets be honest, NE isn't exactly a run first offense and with the 2 TEs, bringing Lloyd in AND having Welker, there are a lot of mouths to feed in NE. Anyone have any insight/opinions? Kinda curious to get other insight.
Bigpop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sex Panther » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:24 pm

Bigpop wrote:I have him in one of my leagues and I just can't decide if I start him at flex or not. I didn't get to see the game to give the "eye ball test". I really hope he has an amazing season but lets be honest, NE isn't exactly a run first offense and with the 2 TEs, bringing Lloyd in AND having Welker, there are a lot of mouths to feed in NE. Anyone have any insight/opinions? Kinda curious to get other insight.

He's a lowend RB1/highend RB2 in games in which the Patriots are heavily favored.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby JRM4833 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:41 pm

He looked great from a fan's perspective and everything points toward Belichick really liking what he can do on the field. I'm going to the game this weekend and will be starting him at RB2.
When in doubt, punt!

- John Heisman -

JRM4833
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Icemanzdoinwork » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:44 pm

He passed the eye check for me. Belicheck doesn't care about mouths to feed either. If running the football can win games. He will pound it 30+ times a game like he did against the Titans.

They rushed the ball 35 times and only threw it 31 times last week. Bolden and Woodhead combined for a poor 31 yards on 11 carries. Hernadez had 1 carry for 5.
Icemanzdoinwork
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:47 pm

Icemanzdoinwork wrote:He passed the eye check for me. Belicheck doesn't care about mouths to feed either. If running the football can win games. He will pound it 30+ times a game like he did against the Titans.

They rushed the ball 35 times and only threw it 31 times last week. Bolden and Woodhead combined for a poor 31 yards on 11 carries. Hernadez had 1 carry for 5.

It makes great sense for the Pats to develop a good run game this season. There seemed to be some concern over pass protection this preseason, run game will negate those concerns. There is also the Welker issue next season. Get a good run game going, have twin towers at TE, establish Lloyd and suddenly losing Welker doesn't seem like such a bad idea. Oh yeah, also helps a young D. win win win.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Return to Football Talk