QB/TE: Same team or different? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

QB/TE: Same team or different?

Moderator: Football Moderators

QB/TE: Same team or different?

Postby tuffgong71 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:48 pm

Didn't know how to word the subject. I looked through the tips and articles a bit but didn't see this addressed. I am planning on going QB/TE in the first two rounds if possible. My question is this: suppose you somehow had the choice to mix and match Brady, Brees, Gronk, Graham....is it better to have a pair from the same team or would it be better to mix and match?
As a follow up: suppose you went with the Brady/Gronk combo and in the next round the best available player is Wes Welker? Do you absolutely avoid him because it is good strategy (and so you don't get called a Patriot fanboy) and pick a possibly lesser player or is it in your best interest to try to team these guys up? What if you get Brady but miss out on Gronk, get Welker, then Aaron Hernandez is available? I am guessing that a two-player combo from the same team might not hurt and in some cases might be lethal to your competition on the right week. However, if you have 3 from 1 team, someone is always left out on scoring plays.....thoughts?
(Awesome forum...learning a lot!)
tuffgong71
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: QB/TE: Same team or different?

Postby latraffic » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:32 pm

I absolutely have no problem with getting players from the same team if that team is an offensive powerhouse. For instance, I ended up with Foster, A. Johnson and Schaub on my team this season. Could be risky but I feel there will be enough offense in Houston to go around.

So, if you had a chance to go Brees early and Graham falls to you, take him. I also see no problem with having Brady, Welker and Gonk. They are strong at their positions and will get fantasy points every week on your team or elsewhere.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Beginner's Forum