10 Team Standard (4th pick) WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10 Team Standard (4th pick) WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 Team Standard (4th pick) WHIR

Postby blazed118 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:33 am

Just finished drafting tonight. Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Chris Johnson
RB: Darren McFadden
RB/WR: Stevie Johnson
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Hakeem Nicks
TE: Antonio Gates
D/ST: Seahawks
K: Garrett Hartley

Bench: Shonn Green
Bench: Mark Ingram
Bench: Michael Bush
Bench: Greg Olsen
Bench: Reggie Wayne
Bench: Robert Meachem
Bench: Carson Palmer
Last edited by blazed118 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blazed118
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10 Team Standard (4th pick) WHIR

Postby JRsScoregasms » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:50 pm

Great at RB, really good at WR. And the rest is pretty decent. Both Johnson and Mcfadden look good so far. I hope Mcfadden keeps it up =) haha.
12 Team League -Non-PPR, 6pt passing TDs
QB: D.Brees
RB: D.McFadden
WR: G.Jennings
WR: M.Colston
RB/WR/TE: Dez Bryant
TE: M. Bennett
DEF: Patriots
K: S. Gostkowski
BENCH: Flacco, G-Ellis, Ridley, M. Crabtree, Ogletree, J. Kerley, A. Hernandez, Lions DEF
JRsScoregasms
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby blazed118 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:27 pm

*Bump*

I got a lot of flak for not picking Rodgers with the 4th overall pick. However, I had my mind made up to go RB/RB with my first 2 picks, unless one of the big 3 QB's somehow fell into the 2nd round. I am a gambler by nature and my draft style is to go with high risk/high reward players. That style has won me leagues a few times, but with the obvious risk, it has kept me in the league cellar a couple times as well.

It is my opinion that Chris Johnson will have a bounce back year in a big way. I've been told countless times that taking CJ at number 4 was a major stretch, but my reasoning was that there was no way he was going to be available at the tail end of rd 2. And Even though he is getting a little long in the tooth, I think that the addition of Steve Hutchinson will be a major boost to the Titans' running game. And as far as McFadden, if the guy can manage to stay healthy for a full season (and I admit that that is a big "if"), he has the talent to take the crown for top-scoring fantasy RB.

I consider myself lucky to be in a league where everyone else thinks that Matt Ryan is what he is by this point in his career, and that he won't take the step into being an elite fantasy option at QB. Much to my surprise, he was still available in the 6th round! I belong to the school of thought that with the Falcons' new passing philosophy, he is going to have a monster year, and I'm really stoked about having the Matty Ice to Julio Jones connection. Am I crazy for taking Jones over Roddy White, seeing as they were both available to me?

All in all, I think that I had a great draft, and being obviously biased, I don't see any glaring holes in my team. I would really appreciate any feedback to point out any perceived weaknesses my team may have, and possible steps I could take to correct said weaknesses. I have thick skin, so if any of you think I'm crazy, and drinking the Kool-Aid, tell me what I did wrong, or where any flaws in my reasoning may be. I have 3 more drafts before the season starts, and I believe that there is always room for improvement. Thanks all!
blazed118
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 10)

Postby jrt409 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:26 pm

Stacked team. I like cj2k big this year and I have had DMC every year until this year. Rb was too thin for him to fall to me. Easily one of the top teams in your league im sure
jrt409
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 14)

Postby Shatner8 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:56 pm

I definitely would have taken Rodgers at #4, but even with that being said I really like your team. Your tandem of RB's are awesome...I expect big years out of both of them and you are pretty solid everywhere else as well. Very nice Draft ;-D
Thanks to Go Jays Go for the sweet sig
Shatner8
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Wakbrder87 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:59 pm

pretty solid. I like reggie wayne and michael bush to have good years although matt forte is the starter. DMC is good but hes so fragile so id try to get the backup taiwan jones, i think thats his name
Wakbrder87
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Birderdude » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:04 pm

I really like this team if (and it's a pretty big if) McFadden can stay healthy. I do like Shonn Green a lot this year and think he should be your flex play most weeks. Your WRs are very solid.
Birderdude
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby FFBMASTA » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:05 pm

Great squad as long as u don't have to deal with injuries...depth would be my only concern, but ur starters are imposing.
FFBMASTA
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 68)

Postby LTisBest » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:00 pm

blazed118 wrote:Just finished drafting tonight. Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Chris Johnson
RB: Darren McFadden
RB/WR: Stevie Johnson
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Hakeem Nicks
TE: Antonio Gates
D/ST: Seahawks
K: Garrett Hartley

Bench: Shonn Green
Bench: Mark Ingram
Bench: Michael Bush
Bench: Greg Olsen
Bench: Reggie Wayne
Bench: Robert Meachem
Bench: Carson Palmer

Pretty Stecked across the board I would say. Man, I wish I had your guys drafting in my league...you were about in the middle pick of every round and you still got quality across the board. DMC is good (but I agree with the other poster...he has yet to stay healthy a full season...him and Ryan Matthews seem to share the same knack of getting dinged alot)....so get DMC's back up if he's available. The Raiders have primarliy been a run first team anyways and I don't think it will change much under their new coach. Green, i think is going to have a monster year (which is why I picked him up too)...so it's not like you dont have anything behind your starters. CJ should have a bounce back year with the Titans recieving core getting better every year. Overall a sound draft.
LTisBest
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mbry429 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:02 pm

Definitely a nice squad (we have many of the same players as you already know) and I'm jealous of your RB-tandem..while I have both Stevie Johnson/Shonn Greene subbing at Flex in my 10-team league as well, I'm not sold on either and have been scouring trade ideas to shore up that spot..good points on CJ2K, and screw people who say it's a reach bc you have your valid reasons (also think Locker's athleticism/big arm will help the offense and they have a pretty beastly O-line)

Good luck homie and if the Ryan-Jones connection works out (and D-Mac stays healthy for you) I think were both winners
12 Team PPR BIG $ LEAGUE
QB - Matt Ryan (J. Freeman)
RB - Arian Foster, Reggie Bush (Ballard, Starks, Bell)
WR - Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall (Nicks, Britt)
Flex - Eric Decker
TE - Jared Cook, (G. Olsen)
D/ST - MIA
K - S. Graham
mbry429
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Roster Ratings