CJ2K or DMac? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

CJ2K or DMac?

Moderator: Football Moderators

CJ2K or DMac?

Postby Chibears » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:05 pm

Hey all,

Draft 4th in 12 team standard redraft CBS league. Non-PPR. I always go RB first.....and will this year even if Rodgers or Megatron are there for me. I think I can grab a Matt Ryan later in 4th-5th round and WR depth is outrageous. If Foster, Rice and McCoy go 1-2-3, I'm looking at McFadden or Chris Johnson. I've seen flashes in CJ but he looked pretty ordinary last game. DMac is always an injury question. Which would you grab? Any other RB's you'd be considering at 4th?

Thanks ahead of time and leave a link if you'd like my humble opinion. ;-D
QB - Mathew Stafford
RB - Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, Steven Jackson, Chris Ivory, Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller
WR - Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, Randall Cobb, Dwayne Bowe, DeSean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery
TE - Jimmy Graham
K - Phil Dawson
D/ST - Seahawks
Chibears
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: CJ2K or DMac?

Postby 11stever11 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:00 pm

I would take Darren McFadden. Even if he misses two games I still think he still will be a top 5 running back. I do not like CJ with his o-line troubles.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby beastykato » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:16 pm

I like DMC here too. I have a good feeling about him this season for some reason. I certainly would be happy to have CJ as well, but DMC's upside when he plays healthy is nasty. Not to mention that was when Bush was stealing carries from him, now he will have free reign.
QB: M. Stafford, T. Pryor
RB: J. Charles, Chris Johnson, D. Sproles, Ben Tate, Willis McGahee
WR:J. Nelson, A. Boldin, J. Gordon, P. Harvin, H. Douglas, T. Williams
TE: J. Witten, J. Cameron
K: G. Hartley
DEF: Chiefs
beastykato
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 32)

Postby yadzz010 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:01 am

I have the same dilemna. researching now, but I like what I have been hearing here. DMac is the way to go.
yadzz010
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby TruNinerFan » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:05 am

Mcfadden is my choice

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:16 am

How quickly people are willing to just forget last year with Johnson? I mean fourth? I realize there is a drop off but DMC is easily the choice here. I would rather have forte and Murray too. Just didn't like what I saw out of Johnson last year, or this year so far.... 28 carries for a 2.9 average? He couldn't break a twenty harder in pres season in 28 tries? No thanks...
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Chibears » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:01 pm

Ok, going DMac unless somebody else presents an argument for somebody else not named CJ2K. Any devils advocates out there? Again, I always go RB 1st round, even if Rodgers or Megatron is out there as I like Ryan/Romo in 5th-6th and WR depth is huge.....

As always, leave a link and thanks ahead of time! ;-D
QB - Mathew Stafford
RB - Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, Steven Jackson, Chris Ivory, Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller
WR - Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, Randall Cobb, Dwayne Bowe, DeSean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery
TE - Jimmy Graham
K - Phil Dawson
D/ST - Seahawks
Chibears
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 8)

Postby SameSongNDance » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:06 pm

Copying something I wrote in a similar thread..

I think it has been made apparent, again that the problem with CJ4.24 is in the O-line play. He's still just as elusive in the open field as he's ever been. I watched last preseason game and there was just far too much penetration. The interior of that O-line is abysmal and CJ can't even sniff the line of scrimmage without three players already in his face. I'm afraid it's going to take a high volume of carries for him to break one, which, IMO, will lead to inconsistency. If they end up playing catch up he might not get enough carries to allow him to break one. With this all being said, I'm buying all in on DMC. All I keep hearing out of the camp is that they are going to have DMC literally do EVERYTHING this years. He'll be catching out of the backfield, getting all the GL carries and pretty much get work in all facets of the game. Yeah, sure, he's injury prone, but has been by and far the best player in camp and has a 2,000 yard 10 TD ceiling. If you feel like swinging for the fences, go with DMC. If you feel like grabbing someone with IMO a lower ceiling yet higher floor (factoring in durability), go with CJ.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby GeneralTsou » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:53 pm

In the exact situation picking #6 in a 12-team PPR. Rice, Foster, and McCoy are likely to be gone and I almost always go RB early. It's between CJ2K and DMC. I was all set on CJ2K until I read this thread. Please help me make the right choice. CJ2K still has elite speed and with Locker as the signal caller, the offense will move up and down the field. CJ2K also added 8 lbs. of muscle to improve his already great durability. He has missed only 1 game in the last 4 years. I took DMC at #11 last year (and Bush of course). I also traded for CJ2K last year (I bought low) so I had both RBs. DMC missed 9 games from a foot sprain that turned into a Lisfranc injury. and CJ2K continued to suck and I traded him away. Both RBs essentially burned me last year. Everybody keeps saying they have a good feeling about DMC staying healthy this year but I don't know if I'm willing to gamble a 1st rd pick on a hunch. CJ2K will at least likely play 16 games and catch a ton of balls. He may not be as effective as DMC but at least he'll be available.
12-team PPR

QB: Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick
RB: Jamaal Charles, Darren Sproles, Knowshon Moreno, Montee Ball
WR: Jordy Nelson, Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon
TE: Martellus Bennett
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Cleveland
GeneralTsou
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Postby drhanl » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:06 pm

Chibears wrote:Ok, going DMac unless somebody else presents an argument for somebody else not named CJ2K. Any devils advocates out there? Again, I always go RB 1st round, even if Rodgers or Megatron is out there as I like Ryan/Romo in 5th-6th and WR depth is huge.....

As always, leave a link and thanks ahead of time! ;-D

I agree that I would take dmc. But, to say that people forget quickly is also forgetting that dmc missed the final 8 games!

I think we are forgetting that too if we think he is a lock at 4 overall.
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions