3rd overall pick, opinions?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

3rd overall pick, opinions??

Moderator: Football Moderators

3rd overall pick, opinions??

Postby xpac » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:10 pm

12 team redraft league with third round reverse. I'm guessing my choice will be between Rodgers and McCoy, I'm tempted to go with LeSean because this will most likely be my only shot at a bonafide stud RB while I see a lot of quality QBs on the second tier that will probably be available to me in the second/third round (Stafford is a guy I really like for instance). Just wanted to get some opinions.
xpac
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 3rd overall pick, opinions??

Postby 11stever11 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:07 am

I would take McCoy over Rodgers. I think locking up a tier 1 running back is a little more important than having a tier 1 QB. You can not go wrong with either option though.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:10 am

I would go Mccoy. This way you might end up with Mccoy Stafford. If you take Rodgers you wont end up with a top 3 back.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:12 am

However if you miss on one of the top 5 qbs in the second I would wait on qb. I would go Graham if hes there and the top 5 qbs are gone. Just my 2 cents.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby xpac » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:48 pm

Thanks for the opinions everybody!
xpac
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SameSongNDance » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:52 pm

You have to go McCoy here, even in standard formats the position is far too thin to go anything else in the top 3. The RB well will dry out before it gets back to you at 2.09.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby drhanl » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:03 pm

I would probably take rodgers. But, I wouldn't expect him to be there. I just had my draft at spot 3. I was going to take Rodgers if he was there, but he wasn't. Same is true in about 80% of the mock drafts I have done.

I was able to get MJD on the return at spot 3. So, if I could have landed Rodgers and still got MJD, I would have felt very good. Wouldn't bank on that, but, still lots of value at RB. Sometimes Charles, F. Jackson, I like Mathews, personally. AP, most of the time.

I think there is lots of value in taking Rodgers at 3. I wouldn't pass on Rice or Foster, but I see a little drop in value to McCoy, and it would be worth the plunge to me. Rodgers guarantees you that you have a chance every week.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=516358
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Postby SameSongNDance » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:08 pm

drhanl wrote:I would probably take rodgers. But, I wouldn't expect him to be there. I just had my draft at spot 3. I was going to take Rodgers if he was there, but he wasn't. Same is true in about 80% of the mock drafts I have done.

I was able to get MJD on the return at spot 3. So, if I could have landed Rodgers and still got MJD, I would have felt very good. Wouldn't bank on that, but, still lots of value at RB. Sometimes Charles, F. Jackson, I like Mathews, personally. AP, most of the time.

I think there is lots of value in taking Rodgers at 3. I wouldn't pass on Rice or Foster, but I see a little drop in value to McCoy, and it would be worth the plunge to me. Rodgers guarantees you that you have a chance every week.

There's literally zero value in taking Rodgers at 3. You are predicting him to finish #1. If he finishes any lower than that you were mistaken and he CAN'T finish any higher than that can he? Also, advising someone to grab MJD as their #1RB on the comeback is super risky right now.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby drhanl » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:16 pm

SameSongNDance wrote:
drhanl wrote:I would probably take rodgers. But, I wouldn't expect him to be there. I just had my draft at spot 3. I was going to take Rodgers if he was there, but he wasn't. Same is true in about 80% of the mock drafts I have done.

There's literally zero value in taking Rodgers at 3. You are predicting him to finish #1. If he finishes any lower than that you were mistaken and he CAN'T finish any higher than that can he? Also, advising someone to grab MJD as their #1RB on the comeback is super risky right now.

I'm just giving you my opinion. and, if all you have to do is argue about who gives better fantasy football advice, you might need to get a life. maybe talk to a girl every now and again, maybe walk outside smell some fresh air. maybe go on a hike. fishing?

Team 2 in my draft yesterday took rogers.

His team:

Rodgers
R. Mathews
F. Gore
L. Fitzgerald
M. Colston
J. Stewart

Was ranked top draft by the yahoo projections. just an fyi
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Postby SameSongNDance » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:23 pm

drhanl wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:

I'm just giving you my opinion. and, if all you have to do is argue about who gives better fantasy football advice, you might need to get a life. maybe talk to a girl every now and again, maybe walk outside smell some fresh air. maybe go on a hike. fishing?

Team 2 in my draft yesterday took rogers.

His team:

Rodgers
R. Mathews
F. Gore
L. Fitzgerald
M. Colston
J. Stewart

Was ranked top draft by the yahoo projections. just an fyi

Lol I was just explaining to you why you can't label a first rounder a "value pick". Also, no one who would advise someone to rely on MJD as their RB1 at this point should be giving fantasy advice, sorry. Good job trying to take it to a personal level though.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions