14 team keeper draft, 2 1st Rd picks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

14 team keeper draft, 2 1st Rd picks

Moderator: Football Moderators

14 team keeper draft, 2 1st Rd picks

Postby bossfrog » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:57 pm

I'm currently in the second year of a new keeper league (1st year to keep players). We're keeping 2 players. I have the following possible keepers: Lynch, Mathews, Cruz, Nelson, Hernandez, Romo. Right now, I'm pretty set on keeping Lynch and Mathews (even if he takes a couple weeks to get up to speed).

I have the following picks to start the draft: 1.09, 1.11, 2.13 and no 3rd round pick. There are so many ways I could go in this draft. My current strategy (which changes hour by hour) is to keep Marshawn Lynch and Ryan Mathews, draft Doug Martin @ 1.09 and a WR or TE @ 1.11. After that, I'll probably attempt to grab RG3 or Luck at 2.13.

Another possibility I'm considering is keeping Lynch and Hernandez and then take two RBs with 1.09 and 1.11 and again grab a QB with 2.13.

I could also keep Lynch and Mathews and draft RBs with 1.09 and 1.11, giving me 4 top 15 RBs and then entertain trade offers after the draft.

What do you think? Here's a list of players who are being kept as of right now. Some people aren't designating them until the last minute:

QB RB WR TE
Rodgers Foster Johnson Graham
Newton Rice Jones Gronktard
Stafford McCoy Jennings Finley
Brady McFadden Fitzgerald
Brees Peterson Colston
E. Manning Charles
M. Ryan MJD
Turner

EDIT: Well, my columns didn't line up right, but you get the idea.
bossfrog
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 14 team keeper draft, 2 1st Rd picks

Postby 11stever11 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:19 am

Welcome to the Cafe ;-D
I would keep Mathews and Lynch. With your 1st round picks I would look to take a RB and a WR. I would take the best available with your second round pick.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Re: 14 team keeper draft, 2 1st Rd picks

Postby bossfrog » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:28 pm

11stever11 wrote:Welcome to the Cafe ;-D
I would keep Mathews and Lynch. With your 1st round picks I would look to take a RB and a WR. I would take the best available with your second round pick.

I was thinking of that too, but if the BPA isn't a QB it's going to be awful hard to wait until the 51st pick overall to pick my starting QB. If a QB is anywhere near BPA, I'll probably reach for him a tiny bit. Otherwise, yeah... if I have a choice between Sam Bradford and Jordy Nelson, I'll probably take Nelson.
bossfrog
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions