So how is this team? Please Grade! WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

So how is this team? Please Grade! WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

So how is this team? Please Grade! WHIR!

Postby Lightzout36 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:29 pm

Please give me a grade on my team below. A, B, C or D?

This is a PPR league, 6 points for all TD's and bonus for long TD's.

We can start:
1 - QB
2 - RB
2 - WR
1 - FLEX (RB, WR, TE)
1 - TE
1 - KICK
1 - Team DEF

Starters below in bold, (Round Drafted)

Matt Stafford (1)

Demarco Murray (2)
Doug Martin (3)

Jaquizz Rodgers (7)
Ryan Williams (8)
Michael Bush (9)
Ben Tate (10)

Brandon Marshall (4)
Antonio Brown (5)
Eric Decker (6)

Danny Amendola (11)
Kendall Wright (12)

Rob Bironas (14)

Seahawks D (15)

Thoughts? Area for improvement?
Lightzout36
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: So how is this team? Please Grade! WHIR!

Postby diablo99 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:39 am

Hey, thanks for checking out my team.

Your team looks pretty good. However, you seem to be a little weak at RB. Murray should be in for a solid year if he can stay healthy. You have good depth at RB but you have to hope that Martin can carry the load.

You have 2 solid starting wrs. You just have to hope when Wallace comes back he doesn't lose too much production. Decker should have a solid year if Peyton returns to form.

You don't have a te?

And obviously you are set at qb.

Good job and good luck!
“You be the Magic Man, and I’ll be El Diablo.” “What’s that mean?” “I think it’s spanish for fighting chicken.”
diablo99
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Postby BigBlue21 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:53 am

Matt Stafford (1) - Always a solid pick, especially after the fact he blew up last year in a big way

Demarco Murray (2) - Very nice pick for the second round. Guy might end up being a top 10 pick next season. I see Demarco resurrecting the Cowboy running game.

Doug Martin (3) - I'm honestly trying to stay away from him this season. He doesn't have a great O-line and he has not looked that great in camp/preseason. Maybe he'll be a valuable spot at this round next season but not this year.

Jaquizz Rodgers (7) - Seventh round seems a little too early to be grabbing Rodgers, who could have a good season. I would have waited on him--Turner is still pretty nice there in ATL.

Ryan Williams (8)- He looked okay for the Cards this preseason and with Wells hurt every other game, he could see a lot of carries. Problem is he doesn't have a QB or an O-line so I don't know how good he can honestly be.

Michael Bush (9) - Bush looked awful against the Giants this week but he'll see his fair share of carries. I just don't know if it's going to be as many as he received in Oakland which is why I am down on him this season.

Ben Tate (10) - Definitely not a bad pick, but I wonder if there gonna rev up Foster's carries this season with his big contract taken care of. If Foster goes down then obviously his upside is good.

Brandon Marshall (4) - Cutler honestly looked like crap against the Giants and it may take a few games for the team to get back into rhythm. That said, Marshall could be that catalyst they need. Good pick.

Antonio Brown (5) - With Wallace giving Pitt headaches, Brown is now the #1 option. Def a good pick and one of the few guarantees on this Pitt offense outside of Big Ben.

Eric Decker (6) - Everyone is high on him and they should be. I watched this kid play last season and in college at Minnesota--dude lit up Pac10 defenses when the Golden Gophers were terrible. He should be a favorite target of Peyton.

Danny Amendola (11) - Not a fan of this pick. If he's still on the Rams, I'm even more down on him.

Kendall Wright (12) - I like how Kendall Wright has looked with Locker in TENN during the preseason. If Kenny Britt comes back, Nate Washington, Wright and Britt will all be fighting for throws from Locker. I see this as a boom or bust.

Rob Bironas (14) - Solid kicker--no question.

Seahawks D (15) - Definitely think this D could end up in the Top 5 under Pete Carroll. Good pick.
BigBlue21
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Brian1220 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:19 pm

I like your team a lot I would get it a B-. If Doug performs well you should be in for a great year!!!
Brian1220
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Postby jmog » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:28 pm

If this is a 10 team league your team is very week.

If this is a 12+ team league then you might be ok.

I think after Murray you are week at RB, but that will always happen if you are forced by draft position to take a QB in round 1. WR, I like Marshall, he's on my team as well. You just have to hope that Wallace doesn't come back to full form, but Ben's rotator cuff scares me with any Steeler WR right now.
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 25)

Postby Lightzout36 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:03 pm

jmog wrote:If this is a 10 team league your team is very week.

If this is a 12+ team league then you might be ok.

I think after Murray you are week at RB, but that will always happen if you are forced by draft position to take a QB in round 1. WR, I like Marshall, he's on my team as well. You just have to hope that Wallace doesn't come back to full form, but Ben's rotator cuff scares me with any Steeler WR right now.

This is a 12 team league.

I really like my RB. But then again I think Martin will be a stud this year. The O-line, while it took a hit in the pre season, is not Terrible and he has looked great in the pre season. If Foster or Forte go down I will be loaded. I also expect Rodgers to be way more involved this year in ATL and Ryan Williams has the talent to be a great RB.

I still believe Antonio Brown will finish as best WR out of PITT and his pre season numbers have been outstanding. I think BEN throws more this year so even upon Wallace returning I still think he will be PPR gold.
Lightzout36
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BigBlue1030 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:10 pm

I actually do like your team since I am really high on Doug Martin as well. I think Antonio Brown is going to be a stud, no matter what Mike Wallace does, and Eric Decker is going to be the truth this year if Manning plays all 16. I'm up and down on Marshall, but the talent is there. I will say, if Martin doesn't pan out you might be in a little bit of trouble.

Help me..viewtopic.php?t=516391
BigBlue1030
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Lightzout36 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:40 pm

bump - anyone else?
Lightzout36
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby wyld stallions » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:06 pm

I would give it a B. There are a lot of question marks with new players and players changing venues.

I would get a backup for Stafford. I am a huge fan but you need to have someone behind him. Not sure who is available but I would grab someone.

I like Murray when he is on the field, but he scares me
Martin is a questions mark. There is a lot of hype but still unknown and they O line is bad.
Tate is a good RB 3 (w/ Foster) and a starter if Foster goes down
Bush is prob. going to see his carries and be about the same in Chi as in Oak
Jaquizz is a RB 4 and could end up being a good bye week guy
R Williams has not looked good in preseason but Beanie sucks

I like your WR you have good depth and all should produce.
wyld stallions
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Roster Ratings