10 team PPR 4th pick, help! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

10 team PPR 4th pick, help!

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 team PPR 4th pick, help!

Postby drnick5 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:29 am

Hey Folks,

In a 10 Team PPR, we were allowed to keep 1 player from last year by losing a pick a round before they were drafted last year. (I kept wes welker losing a 3rd round pick) you can not keep a 1st round pick.

here are the players kept:
Eli Manning
Darren Sproles
Wes Welker
Cam Newton
AJ Green
Matt Ryan
Tom Brady
Matthew Stafford
Julio Jones
Jason Witten

Scoring is standard for yardage, 1pt per reception and 6pts for all touchdowns. start 1QB,2RB,2WR,1TE,1Flex Who should I grab with the 4th overall pick, and the pick on the way back? (17th overall). I have no 3rd round pick due to keeping welker, so I'm thinking I should either take Foster, Rice or Mccoy if 1 of them happen to fall to me at 4. but if not... should I take Rogers/Brees with all the QB's that were kept? who will I probably be looking at with my 2nd round pick? any help is much appreciated
drnick5
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10 team PPR 4th pick, help!

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:01 pm

You know what to do. One of the top three backs if they fall. If not then one of Rodgers brees. All you need is one of the first three to take something other than a running back. I'm guessing g its gonna go foster rice Mccoy though. Then if that happens grab Rodgers or brees.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby drnick5 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:43 pm

thanks! thats pretty much how I see it as well.. if someone takes a QB top 3 then I've got a stud RB to take. if not, go for Rogers.

how about on the way back (round 2) thats really where im struggling....since I have welker im thinking i SHOULD take a RB here.. but im not too crazy about the types of guys that will be left. any suggestions?
drnick5
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Bherman13 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:51 pm

Second round targets in this order: Charles, Graham, S Jax, Lynch.
Bherman13
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby drnick5 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:58 pm

thanks! I've seriously thought about taking graham (if hes there) but i'm wondering how bad this would screw me at RB. (I won't have pick til round 4)

im not sold on lynch with the possible suspension... so that would leave Charles (injury questions) or S jax (probably the safest pick of the RB's I'll see here, but hes no better then a no. 2 back in my opinion)

is it just me or does it seem to be a LOT more complicated this season then in years past?
drnick5
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Bherman13 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:03 pm

Oh it definitely is. Seems like if you don't get one of the top 5 backs... then you're stuck with a tandem of backs in a RBBC. Rolling the dice every week... There's really only 5 solid RB1's this year in my opinion. And two of them (CJ2K and DMC) have too many questions for me to draft comfortably. Just gotta hope for a diamond in the rough. I've been taking Jacquizz Rodgers and Kendall Hunter late.
Bherman13
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby liquidvet » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:20 pm

I have same pick...i would be surprised if someone didnt take rodgers in top three. Thats what i am hoping for in my league anyways.
6pt tds, 1 pt ppr competitive 10 man league
QB Rodgers, Smith
RB MJD, Matthews, Spiller, McGahee, R. williams
WR: J. Jones, Torry Smith, Lafell, Britt, Young
TE: Hernandez, Bennet
D:Eagles
liquidvet
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions