frank gore - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

frank gore

Moderator: Football Moderators

frank gore

Postby miracles716 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:14 pm

Am considering drafting him for my 3rd round pick what stats should he project this season?
miracles716
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: frank gore

Postby 11stever11 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:05 pm

I think the third round is at least a round to early for Gore. He will lose carries to Hunter because the 49ers want him ready for the playoffs. Gore may also lose goal-line duties when Jacobs comes back. I think he will end up with 900 yards and 2-3 touchdowns.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby prophecy135 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:30 pm

Yeah I would shy away from gore this year, Kendall hunter will be taking carries and Jacobs looks like he will take some goal line work from him also.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=516310
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby TexasMade8810 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:59 pm

I actually drafted Gore in the 3rd rd of my 12 team league. Stephen Jackson went the pick before mine and that's who I wanted, but at that point I was dead set on getting a rb. I'm not as down on Gore as these guys are. I don't see Kendall Hunter taking away THAT many carries, and Brandon Jacobs had been disappointing in his first few preseason games before the injury. He may steal a few goaline carries but not all of them like he did in NY. Gore will get his. Jim Harbaugh's coaching style almost guarantee's that if he stays healthy
TexasMade8810
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SameSongNDance » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:00 pm

Gore has fallen to as far as the 5th in several drafts I was apart of. The concerns surrounding his age/wear and tear are very real. Gore historically rarely finishes a full 16. The difference this time around is the competency of his back ups (Hunter looks like the best runner in the backfield). This coupled with the fact that he's seemingly lost his PPR appeal (averaged around 40-50 receptions for five year straight until catching a measly 17 last year) and I don't see too much upside. Gore is one of those guys within the top 20, along with Turner that should be hands off unless you are absolutely forced to take a RB and there's nothing else available.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby TruNinerFan » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:49 pm

3rd round is too high for gore. I wouldn't touch him at least until the 5th and make sure you get Kendall Hunter as a handcuff

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby HskrPwr13 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:39 pm

IMO, he should not be drafted as a RB2. There are other RB3s I'd rather have. Off top of my head, I think many are still sleaping on Ridley as a RB3 with major upside.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions