Preseason QB Trade. WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Preseason QB Trade. WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Preseason QB Trade. WHIR

Postby drhanl » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:59 pm

I had the 3rd pick in our 12 team, PPR league. QB's get 6 pts per TD. And, receiving is only 1 pt. per 20 yards.

My draft went well, except for 1 glaring problem. I missed the QB run, and got stuck with Big Ben. I took Hillis with my pick in round 5. Should have gone QB, cause 5 were taken before it got back to me. leaving me with Big Ben as my QB. My starting lineup, in this format, is stacked. I have no depth, and major QB issues.

My team:
QB: Ben Roethlisberger
WR1: Wes Welker
WR2: DeSean Jackson
RB1: Ray Rice
RB2: Maurice Jones-Drew --fell all the way to me in 2nd round!
TE: Antonio Gates
Flex: Peyton Hillis

Denarius Moore
Santonio Holmes
Roy Helu
Ronnie Brown
Josh Freeman

Have already received a trade offer from the owner of Matt Ryan and Cam

His team:
Cam
McCoy
Peterson
Dez
Boldin
Finley

Ryan
Michael Floyd
Doug Baldwin
Hillman
Kendall Wright.

He offered Boldin and Ryan for Welker and Freeman. I find that to be a bad deal for me. I rank Welker #2 WR in this format. And, only rank Ben and Ryan a little away from each other.

What would you suggest as a possible counter, as I would like to take the upside of ryan over Big Ben.

WHIR
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Preseason QB Trade. WHIR

Postby drhanl » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:39 pm

come on folks. i'm perfectly willing to reply and have done so for many of you already.
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Postby BurritoBoy » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:41 pm

I agree with you, this is a bad deal for ya. Upgrade at QB isn't worth the cost at WR.
I'm not too fond of DJax, as he is very big-play dependent. If you could sell him on the big-play ability of DJax and tell him that he isn't getting the second best WR for a slight bump at QB, I'd like that better (So the deal would be the same but switch him with Welker) Or if he would take it, add in Holmes and ask for either D. Baldwin or K. Wright. Wright could be great to start the year with Britt out, then you could flip him for a more long-term player when his stock is very high. And I just like Baldwin (shouldn't let emotions get involved, but he was a solid WW pickup for me in a few weeks last year)

Looking at your overall roster, who are some of the options left on WW? Name top 4 or so best WR/RBs. You have 1 stud RB, 1 (potentially) solid "FLEX" guy, a guy holding out (very dangerous if you remember last year), a handcuff to a guy you don't have (Ronine Brown), and a guy in Washington. Then at WR you have 1 stud, a "big play" guy, an unhappy guy on an abysmal offense with atrocious QBs (Holmes), and then Moore.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby AngryLionsFAn » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:27 pm

Big Ben isn't great, but he isn't terrible either. I like Burritoboy's suggestion as well. Unload Djax if you are going for that trade. Personally I wouldn't grade Ryan as much better then Big Ben anyway, unless they really do open up the offense for him a bit more this year and pass more. See if anyone else has a better QB up for trade then that IMO.

Help with mine?

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=515929
AngryLionsFAn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions