Rate my Draft! 12 team standard, 4th pick! Whir! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate my Draft! 12 team standard, 4th pick! Whir!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate my Draft! 12 team standard, 4th pick! Whir!

Postby Happy Homer » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:39 pm

Hey guys, I've been out of Fantasy Football for a couple of years, but wanted to get back into it this year. My first league this year is a 12 team standard H2H league with 6 pts for Passing TDs and a Flex RB/WR/TE position instead of your traditional 3rd WR. Knowing that there was a flex position that allowed me to play a 3rd running back, there were a couple of things I wanted to target going into this draft. First of all, I wanted RB depth. Starting 3 RBs a week looks like a huge strength in these settings. Second I wanted a top 5 QB, especially because QBs score so much more now than they did when I used to play before. Finally, I wanted a solid TE, just to give me a leg up and not have to waste another roster spot on a second TE. I had the 4th pick in the draft, and I started off with McCoy. Please give me your thoughts and help a returning veteran. Thanks in advance!

QB - Michael Vick
RB - LeSean McCoy
RB - Stephen Jackson
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Dwayne Bowe
TE - Antonio Gates
W/R/T - Stevie Johnson
K - Nate Kaeding
Def - Phiadelphia

Bench - Stevan Ridley
Bench - Ryan Williams
Bench - Demarius Moore
Bench - Titus Young
Bench - Randall Cobb
Bench - Ryan Fitzpatrick

Here are some of my thoughts. I was sitting on Donald Brown and Peyton Hillis as my flex RB coming back to my pick in the 7th round, and they both came off the board right before I picked, so I had to switch gears and settle for Stevie Johnson. I got a top 5 QB, a top 5 TE, and 2 solid RBs, so I almost hit all of my objectives. I looked around the league, and almost everyone doesn't have great RB depth. Should I stick with Stevie Johnson at the Flex, or try to package him with Stevan Ridley and see if I can upgrade to a better RB? If so, who should I be targeting? Someone like Brown, McGahee, Hillis or Ben Jarvus are on my radar, but I don't want to give up too much. If I'm going to give up a lot, I'd rather go all in and get a stud, in the mold of a Doug Martin, or better than that. Let me know your guys' thoughts, I'm eager to get the season started. Of course, I WHIR, so please leave a link. Let's have a great season guys!
Happy Homer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my Draft! 12 team standard, 4th pick! Whir!

Postby jmog » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:05 pm

Overall great team for a 12 teamer. I honestly don't know how you got McCoy, SJax, JJones, and VIck all on the same team in a 12 team draft.

I think the trade for another RB would be a good idea, I'd shoot for someone like R. Matthews as most people are down on him right now due to his collar bone but its not an injury like a knee or hamstring, most collar bone breaks come back stronger than before.

I think you'd be surprised how cheap you could get a stud RB in that case.

Help with mine

viewtopic.php?t=516283
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby yaluoza » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:35 pm

I like your team a lot, B+. You definitely did your research or got lucky.
Definitely champion ship calibre.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=516328
Qb: RGIII, Pryor
Rb: Spiller, Charles, Bryce Brown, Fred Jax, D.Brown, Ogbonnaya
Wr: V-Jax, Boldin, D-jax, T.williams, Collie
Te: Olsen, Gronk
Def: chiefs
K: Bailey
yaluoza
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 62)

Postby BigBlue1030 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:00 pm

I like your team a lot, health depending of course.. My team is pretty similar actually. If I were you the one recommendation I would give you would be to keep an eye out on the TE market. Gates has been very injury prone recently, so guys like Martellus Bennet, Greg Olsen, and Fleener could be nice additions if he goes down.

Help with mine..viewtopic.php?t=516391
BigBlue1030
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby gsnts725 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:14 pm

It's pretty solid. Just not in love with Vick because of the injury concerns. He got hurt two games in a row already T_T. I like your WR's, if Stevan Ridley pans out, I think you're pretty good with RB's. All-around solid team. Good job.

Please rate my team: viewtopic.php?t=516386
gsnts725
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 24)

Postby Happy Homer » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:35 am

Bump.

What do you guys think about Fred Jackson this year? Should I offer Bowe for Jackson? I also like the idea of picking up another backup TE for Gates. Want to focus on getting that RB3 first though.
Happy Homer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Roster Ratings