Warning for people looking for league,s Re: Dion Wedge - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Warning for people looking for league,s Re: Dion Wedge

Moderator: Football Moderators

Warning for people looking for league,s Re: Dion Wedge

Postby Thor » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:52 pm

This clown collected all of our money last year and bolted. We even used League Safe. He went on a run and won like 10 games in a row and was running his mouth. He was never heard from again after I knocked him out in the first round and went on to win the title. No payouts, not even our league fee back. He took the money and ran.
14 Team 5 pts per 5 receptions
QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, TE, FLEX(WR/TE), K, DST
QB- Romo, Freeman, Manuel
RB- Sproles, J Bell, Bernard, W McGahee
WR - Megatron, D Bryant, V Brown, A Jeffery, R Randle, P Harvin(IR)
TE- J Graham, Sudfeld
K- Hartley
DST - Dallas
Thor
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 85)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Warning for people looking for league,s Re: Dion Wedge

Postby Oriole Way » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:34 pm

Thor wrote:This clown collected all of our money last year and bolted. We even used League Safe. He went on a run and won like 10 games in a row and was running his mouth. He was never heard from again after I knocked him out in the first round and went on to win the title. No payouts, not even our league fee back. He took the money and ran.

Sorry to hear about this.

How exactly was he able to run off with the money? Was the league set for commissioner approval? Even if so, I don't understand how someone who didn't win the league would be allowed to cash out funds.

Just some honest questions, so we can all learn from things like this and prevent it in the future. This might be a dumb question, but did you try filing a complaint/grievance with LeagueSafe? I thought the whole point of League Safe was to prevent things like this from happening, I don't feel comfortable using them if they're not going to protect their customers.
Oriole Way
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Warning for people looking for league,s Re: Dion Wedge

Postby BartenderWJT » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:10 pm

LeagueSafe: It's not as safe as you think it is....
LeagueSafe: Even when you "lock it down..." good luck getting paid if you have too many "disgruntled owners."
LeagueSafe: I guess a gift card IS better than cash.

I am not promoting those two post, send your paypal as a gift to my gmail account commissioners. I am just pointing out that leaguesafe isn't the safe haven mecca that many make it out to be.

Do your homework, find a trustworthy commish.

BartenderWJT
BartenderWJT
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Classifieds