12-team PPR--WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12-team PPR--WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

12-team PPR--WHIR

Postby Delhomme17 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:14 pm

1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 DST

League is H2H, but the top three point-scoring teams also get money.

QB: RGIII, Locker
WR: Julio Jones, Harvin, Wayne, Washington, LaFell
RB: Rice, Reggie Bush, Redman, LeShoure, Felix Jones
TE: Gates, Olsen
K: Hanson
D: Seattle (note: I typically stream most weeks, and am considering both MIN (vs. Jax) and BUF (@ Jets) in week 1)

I had the third pick and absolutely lucked out, IMO, in getting Rice. I just love the dude. My second and third picks were Julio and Harvin, another two guys I had circled. I was pretty pumped to snag Gates in the fourth round, as injuries and departures have made him the first eleventy billion options in the SD passing game.

I wasn't thrilled to take Bush in the fifth, but I wanted to go ahead and snag a solid RB and will admit to being a bit irrationally biased against him. RGIII in the sixth round...meh. I'm not as high on him as others are--I think my hatred of Shanny has clouded my judgment re: all Redskins, even those of the non-RB variety. Hopefully a couple of good games to start off the season will put my fears to rest.

Seventh through ninth rounds were Value City: Wayne, Redman, Washington. Just love those three picks.

Grabbed Locker, a guy I rostered as a flyer late last year, in the tenth. LeShoure, Olsen, Felix, LaFell in rounds eleven through fourteen. The only guy out of that group that I was really pleased to get is Olsen. LeShoure and LaFell have high upside, and I just took Felix to have another RB and because he was a good value at the time. Went D and K in rounds fifteen and sixteen.

Let me know what you think. Link me and I'd be glad to give you my thoughts on your roster.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 511)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12-team PPR

Postby BigBlue1030 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:24 pm

I hate to be overly critical, but I really don't like this team. I'll start by position:

QB- No proven guys here.. You're basically banking on RGIII to do something. RGIII is a nice QB, but for fantasy he might be better as a backup to start. Maybe a guy like Carson Palmer is on waivers since he's proven.

RB- No need to explain Rice, great pick. I'm not a big Reggie Bush fan, and I don't expect him to duplicate last year. He stayed healthy nearly all year and that's rare for him. They are starting a rookie QB, and they traded their biggest WR in Marshall. Teams will be stacking the box, going all out to stop Bush. Redman might be alright, he's already hurt though and Pitt will be airing it out. I'm not sold on LeShoure or Felix.

WR- Love Julio this year, I have him on my squad too, but I got him in the 3rd round. I question where you picked some of these guys... Harvin in the 3rd??? In my 12 teamer, Julio Jones, Victor Cruz, AJ Green, Brandon Marshall and Greg Jennings all went in round 3... Harvin wasn't drafted until the last pick in Round 4 (Nicks, Jordy Nelson, Steve Smith all went in Round 4). I have to assume more then one of those guys were on the board, and I think they're all better then Harvin, especially with Ponder starting, and AP working back from injury. Not a fan of Wayne or Washington either.. I really do like LaFell as a late sleeper.

TE- If Gates stays healthy he's top notch.. I really like Olsen as a backup.

All in all, I'm not a big fan.. I think you reached considerably on guys like Harvin/Gates/Bush. I'm just basing it off where guys went in my draft and I think you left value on the board. Just trying to give my thoughts..

Help...viewtopic.php?t=516391
BigBlue1030
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: 12-team PPR--WHIR

Postby Delhomme17 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:59 pm

Appreciate your comments. Love constructive criticism and wish more posters here what be meaner! (Not that your post is mean--just a general musing)

Agree that my QB's aren't proven guys, but I think they both have high ceilings. More importantly, though, I think they have low floors because they can move the ball on the ground. For context, the next few QB's to go off the board after I took RGIII were Big Ben (7th), Luck (8th), Schaub (8th), and Cutler (10th, right before I took Locker). I definitely considered taking Palmer late, but I ultimately decided against it; he's currently on waivers.

RE: Bush, I'm not a huge fan, either, but I think he'll get a lot of touches no matter how many guys they put in the box. Plus, he's valuable in the passing game.

Megatron, Fitzgerald, Welker, and Green were all gone when I picked in the second round (22 overall). Marshall went 24th overall and Cruz went 26th overall. I very comfortable taking Harvin where I did. I can see the argument for Jennings or Smith, but I would MUCH rather have Harvin than Nicks or Nelson. He tore it up once the Vikings went to ponder last year. Also, my league counts KR and PR yards. I like Wayne and Washington because of where I got them. I think Wayne could flourish if Luck plays well, and Washington gets a bump with the uncertainty surrounding Britt for the first few weeks.

I went with Gates early because I wanted an elite TE. IMO, there are only three: Gronk, Graham, and Gates. I thought I got good value for him, but to each is own.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FFBMASTA » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:38 pm

I agree with the last poster for the most part. U are holding out hope at Qb and and f. jones might not even make the squad from what i've read. Plus, Bush is hurt just about every year and he will be the focus of that offense which increases those chances. I like Harvin, but where u took him was high. If RGIIII plays well u could be ok, but if not.... Gates I like as the 3dr TE overall but still kinda high.
FFBMASTA
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 68)

Postby Delhomme17 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:56 pm

Bump--FWIW, Yahoo says I'll go 12-2 and finish 2nd in points (4.5 behind leader, 98 ahead of 3rd). Whether this is a function of my drafting a good team, the other owners drafting poorly, or a little bit of both, I'm not sure! Interested to here some more commentary on my roster either way. Link me and I'll be glad to take a look at your team.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bounce » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:00 pm

Agreed on what most other people have said - too much risk at QB. You're solid at other positions, but QB is going to make or break (probably break) you. I'd rather have those guys as stash guys, or bye week fills. Not huge on your RBs after Rice. Don't really like Reggie Bush.

Help me please? viewtopic.php?t=516769
bounce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Roster Ratings