Ryan Mathews - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ryan Mathews

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Ryan Mathews: broken collar bone 4-6 weeks

Postby saemick » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:21 pm

shawngee03 wrote:do you think he will be fully playing after the first couple weeks and close to fully healthy?

that's the million dollar question... can Ryan Matthews stay healthy. I'm inclined to take a chance in the 2nd, but I'm still worried he'll get hurt again this season
saemick
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Ryan Mathews: broken collar bone 4-6 weeks

Postby Wood Chipper » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:38 pm

Who is Ryan Mathews backup? I picked up Ronnie Brown, just in case.
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:34 pm

Wood Chipper wrote:Who is Ryan Mathews backup? I picked up Ronnie Brown, just in case.

Coach Norv Turner indicated Sunday that the Chargers will likely turn to a three-way backfield committee to replace Ryan Mathews early in the season.
"Right now, it'd probably be a mix," said Turner, pinpointing Ronnie Brown, Curtis Brinkley, and Le'Ron McClain. He didn't mention Jackie Battle or either of San Diego's rookies. Brown would be the starter, but Brinkley would rotate in and McClain might handle obvious power runs. If you're planning to replace Mathews with one of the above in Weeks 1 and/or 2, you'll be disappointed. Aug 12 - 9:55 PM
Source: Michael Gehlken on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3155/ronnie-brown

They like rookie Michael Hayes too, so he could also be in the mix if he looks good in the preseason. Not sure how much gas Brown still has in the tank but he could prob be decent for a couple games.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Ryan Mathews: broken collar bone 4-6 weeks

Postby Wood Chipper » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:53 pm

stomperrob wrote:
Wood Chipper wrote:Who is Ryan Mathews backup? I picked up Ronnie Brown, just in case.

Coach Norv Turner indicated Sunday that the Chargers will likely turn to a three-way backfield committee to replace Ryan Mathews early in the season.
"Right now, it'd probably be a mix," said Turner, pinpointing Ronnie Brown, Curtis Brinkley, and Le'Ron McClain. He didn't mention Jackie Battle or either of San Diego's rookies. Brown would be the starter, but Brinkley would rotate in and McClain might handle obvious power runs. If you're planning to replace Mathews with one of the above in Weeks 1 and/or 2, you'll be disappointed. Aug 12 - 9:55 PM

They like rookie Michael Hayes too, so he could also be in the mix if he looks good in the preseason. Not sure how much gas Brown still has in the tank but he could prob be decent for a couple games.

Stomper! At least reply to the message I sent you :p
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Wood Chipper wrote:
stomperrob wrote:

Stomper! At least reply to the message I sent you :p

Lol, done! ;-D
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Mathews

Postby drhanl » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:01 pm

Anyone have a good feel as to what the RB situation is going to be week 1 in SD?

I am a MJD owner that missed out on the Jennings handcuff. So, I handcuffed Mathews, knowing he is likely out week 1 too. but, not sure Ronnie Brown was worth the handcuff or if he will even be the backup.

Any thoughts on R. Brown having a roster spot week 1 in case to replace MJD?

I also drafted Helu, been a few days ago. Regretting it. Replace him? I can pick up Morris, or Goodsen, or M. Tolbert--J. Stewart carted off the field tonight.

Mod note: There is already a Mathews thread - one thread per player please. Threads combined.
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Re: Mathews

Postby Cuffs » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:43 am

Rotoworld suggested the other day that Taiwan Jones, not Goodson, would likely be McFadden's backup. Not suggesting he's a viable starter week 1, but he might be over Goodson.

Keiland Williams might be a good week-to-week fill in if Kevin Smith misses the first week with the ankle injury. Doesn't sound like he will, though.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:29 pm

Alfred Morris looks like he's the week 1 starter in Washington
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby ravendan » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:42 pm

Does McClain factor in as the feature back in San Diego, he has carried this load before, and could bring a similar skill set to Tolbert whom they seemed to favor?
ravendan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:08 pm

Ryan Mathews ready for his checkup
Chargers running back to learn how shoulder is progressing
Written by
Michael Gehlken
6:37 p.m., Aug. 26, 2012

Ryan Mathews is on the prowl.

It's been more than two weeks since he underwent surgery to repair a broken clavicle. In two weeks, the Chargers open their season against the Raiders.

Mathews wants to be on the field Week 1.

On Monday, he'll learn how close he is.

The Chargers running back is scheduled for a post-op evaluation, a key checkpoint in tracking his shoulder's response to treatment and rehabilitation efforts. The third-year veteran hasn't lost sight of a Week 1 return, although the expectation is he will miss at least a game or two.

In what Mathews termed a "good rehab," he is working closely with James Collins, the Chargers' head athletic trainer.

con't...

more: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/aug ... is-check-/
stomperrob

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk