Return to Football Talk

Ryan Mathews

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Mathews

Postby stomperrob » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:11 pm

Already a Mathews thread, threads combined
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ryan Mathews

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:40 pm

Snagged him in the 4th round of one of my leagues. Hopefully this kid can come back and be just as productive as he was expected to be. Lets go, bud ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:10 am

Dawinner127 wrote:Snagged him in the 4th round of one of my leagues. Hopefully this kid can come back and be just as productive as he was expected to be. Lets go, bud ;-D

I think he will be solid once he gets going again. Injuries happen to everyone and sure an argument can be made that he is prone to them but its all luck im my opinion. How you are hit etc. If you can get 14 or so games out of him its a steal but if not having him ends up costing you games it will be tough to make up
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Sex Panther » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:34 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:Snagged him in the 4th round of one of my leagues. Hopefully this kid can come back and be just as productive as he was expected to be. Lets go, bud ;-D

I think he will be solid once he gets going again. Injuries happen to everyone and sure an argument can be made that he is prone to them but its all luck im my opinion. How you are hit etc. If you can get 14 or so games out of him its a steal but if not having him ends up costing you games it will be tough to make up

The other night I grabbed him at 2.12.

Pairing him with Foster, should, on paper, give me by far the strongest RB tandem in this particular league once Mathews gets back on the field.

It still amazes me that Mathews ADP has taken such a nose dive, yet Charles & AP are each being taken ahead of him.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby jmog » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:38 am

Sex Panther wrote:
It still amazes me that Mathews ADP has taken such a nose dive, yet Charles & AP are each being taken ahead of him.

I just drafted Saturday, in a VERY old league with guys that have been doing this for 10+ years together. Now ours has a vastly different scoring system, so I won't go much into details about rounds, but I will give you the order of RBs taken (RB scoring is similar to PPR).

We can keep a couple guys, but only guys that were drafted 6th round or later in the previous year, so the only 2 RBs of note kept were M. Lynch (me) and A. Bradshaw.

Order inside of round from left to right

Rd1-A. Foster, L. McCoy, R. Rice (me), C. Johnson
Rd2-D. McFadden
Rd3-M. Forte, D. Murray, J. Charles, T. Richardson, M. Jones-Drew
Rd4-F. Gore, M. Turner
Rd5-S. Jackson, D. Sproles, F. Jackson
Rd6-R. Mathews (me), A. Peterson

So, while our league isn't nearly as big on RBs as most FF leagues, I still ended up with Rice, Lynch, and Matthews..and I can keep Matthews for next season.

The ones that surprised me was FJax, SJax, Sproles, Turner, and Gore going ahead of Mathews.
jmog
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 25)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:26 pm

Ryan Mathews (fractured clavicle) is not expected to play in Week 1.
Mathews has been extremely optimistic while charging through the rehab process, but that doesn't change the standard timeline for bones to heal. His original timetable was 4-6 weeks from the August 9 fracture and the Chargers have hinted at the back end of that projection. The good news is that once Mathews is unleashed, he will be in shape and have almost no chance of aggravation. The Union-Tribune has previously suggested a Week 3 return.
Source: Union-Tribune San Diego
Aug 30 - 11:24 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... -news?rw=1
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TitsMcGahee » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:48 pm

For me, this is good news and bad news. While on one hand I would love for him to rush back and play week 1, having him fully healthy by week 2 or 3 is almost more valuable as it limits the injury risk. My team right now has Sjax and DMcFads so not having Mathews week 1 in Flex isn't that big of a hit. I'll start Torrey Smith or Eric Decker most likely.
TitsMcGahee
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 28)

Postby stomperrob » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:23 pm

Chargers Notebook: Turner indicates RB Ryan Mathews will not play
By Dan McLellan | CBSSports.com
September 5, 2012 7:06 pm ET

The Chargers returned to practice on Wednesday after an off day. RB Ryan Mathews (broken right clavicle) participated in individual drills without contact for his second straight practice.

Coach Norv Turner, however, indicated Mathews will not play against the Raiders in the season opener on Monday.

“Mathews is a big part of what we do,” Turner said in regards to Mathews missing the Raiders game. “When starting this thing, talking about it in April and May, we prepared to have a situation where we didn't have all of our guys. I like our backs.”

http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/n ... l-not-play
stomperrob

Postby GenericUsername » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:52 pm

A tad late, but I picked up Matthews as a late 4th rounder. Drafting him earlier than a late second/early third seems a bit sketchy since he's missing the first game, and probably wont be seeing major playing time until week 3/4 till he fully heals, which is a 1/4 of my reg. season. That along with the fact that he's a bit of a liability to get injured again.
Team: Snappy Japs
QB: Aaron Rogers
RB: Ryan Matthews, Alfred Morris
WR: Jordy Nelson, Percy Harvin,Torrey Smith/Titus Young
TE: Rob Gronkowski
K: Greg Zuerlein
DST: Available for matchup
GenericUsername Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader