Ryan Mathews - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ryan Mathews

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Ryan Mathews

Postby mase088 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:02 pm

I offered Chris Johnson and McCluster for him. I think I'll be able to work some sort of trade for him one way or the other. Let's hope anyway.
mase088
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby K0wned » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:38 pm

Just before the 1st week I traded Willis McGahee for him :-b. Gotta love a league with idiots.
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:37 am

CHARGERS: Mathews poised, "ready to go"
12 hours ago • By SCOTT BAIR sbair@nctimes.com

SAN DIEGO ---- The Chargers should have their starting running back on the field Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons.

Ryan Mathews has been sidelined with a broken clavicle but participated in Thursday's contact-heavy drill and emerged with no complications or setbacks.

He even ran through a gauntlet, which puts heavy hits on the upper body. Everything went fine.

"He took enough reps that I think we tested his conditioning today," Chargers coach Norv Turner said. "We're making the progress I hoped to see us make. We're in pads. If you're out there, you're going to get banged around. If you're running with the ball, you're going to get bounced around a little. It's not at a game level, but I think Mathews feels very confident."

Mathews kept himself in shape while recovering from surgery. The final hurdle will be trusting that the broken bone has healed.

"It'll be more of a mental thing if I get to play," Mathews said."I'm great physical shape. It's about having confidence that the bone has healed right and that it's not going to break again."

con't...

more: http://www.nctimes.com/blogsnew/sports/ ... e573f.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby Dawinner127 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:40 pm

Snagged him in the 4th round in the league I own him in and can't wait to have him starting with Ray Rice. Let's go boys ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby FFslacker » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:50 am

Snapped him up week 1 when the guy who drafted him dropped him before the week 1 games. :-b Now just to play the wait and see game to find out how ready he is for those touches.
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby stomperrob » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:55 pm

Improving Mathews' fumbling a matter of urgency
Written by
Nick Canepa
4:46 p.m., Sept. 24, 2012

These may be the same people who foresee peace in our time, but they say it can be done. Maybe you can’t teach speed and instincts, but you can teach a running back how not to fumble.

That may be somewhat true. There are case studies to prove it. But teaching a running back with fumblitis how not to put the ball on the ground in practice is one thing. Getting him not to do it in games is another matter.

Chargers tailback Ryan Mathews fumbles. He’s fast, strong, agile and dangerous, but every once in a while -- too often in crucial spots -- he leaves the football behind. As he did Sunday against Atlanta as the Chargers appeared primed to go in for a score that probably would have given them a 7-6 lead in the second quarter.

Mathews got the ball at the Falcons’ seven, darted to the three and suddenly there was a commotion. Ball loose. Atlanta recovered. The Falcons then drove 96 yards for a touchdown, basically ending the proceedings.

Chargers coach Norv Turner, whose neck is in a tight enough noose without this folderol, believes Mathews can be cured of his buttery grip. In the meantime, as he said in his Monday dealings with the media, there will be spots where Mathews won’t be playing.

“There are certain situations where we will limit his exposure,” Norv said, and when pressed, added: “I’m not going to give our game plan out.”

con't...

more: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/sep ... ng-proble/
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:49 pm

Tolerance not infinite for Mathews
Written by Kevin Acee
10:45 a.m., Sept. 27, 2012

The hope the Chargers have for Ryan Mathews is without measure.

The patience the team has for him, however, is finite.

My Uncle George lost all but his index finger and thumb on one hand in a lumber mill mishap, and he might not need his other hand to count the number of forgivable giveaways Mathews has remaining.

Mathews might have no bigger fan than A.J. Smith. With the exception of Norv Turner, there can hardly be anyone who has more invested in the young running back.

This is the kid, remember, that two months after the unceremonious and uncivil 2010 divorce from LaDainian Tomlinson, Smith traded up 16 spots to draft 12th overall.

The Chargers general manager’s legacy is essentially intertwined with that of Mathews.

con't...

more: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/sep ... e-mathews/
stomperrob

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:54 pm

Where do people stand on Ryan Mathews? All the potential in the world, but has never lived up to anything. And he has fumbling problems. Thoughts?
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby Mr.Joshua » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:07 am

I see him as a wasted pick in the 4th/5th which is where I see him going. The light is just going to come on? There is so much better value with WR's where he is being drafted.
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 226)

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:21 pm

Ryan Mathews has been rotating between the first- and second-team offenses so far at Chargers camp, and new coach Mike McCoy says the club will likely employ a running back rotation in 2013.
Mathews, Danny Woodhead, and Ronnie Brown have all seen time with the first team. The situation has serious fantasy headache potential behind one of the NFL's poorest offensive lines. "I’ve been raised with John Fox in this league," said McCoy. "We always played with a couple of backs. It doesn’t matter who’s in there. Keep them fresh. Play the hot hand while you roll." Jul 28 - 1:30 PM
Source: FOX Sports

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5603/ryan-mathews
stomperrob

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk