2nd draft of the night - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

2nd draft of the night

Moderator: Football Moderators

2nd draft of the night

Postby garretterik » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:18 pm

10team yahoo standard scoring. I ended up with dreaded 7th pick. Don't like this team as much as my other team where I had 1st pick.

Obviously QB and TE are solid. RB I have quantity to make up for quality. Biggest weakness is WR. Don't really know what to do there. I have 1 WR1 and 4 WR3. Did I make the right pick with Young (upside) over Burleson?

Would you drop Jennings for anyone on the ww?

My team:
QB Drew Brees (NO - QB)
WR Roddy White (Atl - WR)
WR Pierre Garcon (Was - WR)
WR Torrey Smith (Bal - WR)
RB Steven Jackson (StL - RB)
RB Willis McGahee (Den - RB)
TE Rob Gronkowski (NE - TE)
BN Ahmad Bradshaw (NYG - RB)
BN Donald Brown (Ind - RB)
BN Malcom Floyd (SD - WR)
BN Ben Tate (Hou - RB)
BN Titus Young (Det - WR)
BN Rashad Jennings (Jac - RB)
K Matt Bryant (Atl - K)
DEF Green Bay (GB - DEF)

WW:
QB: (lots of good options, so I am comfortable with only Brees) Smith, Freeman, Locker, Palmer, Fitzpatrick
WR: (my biggest weakness!) Burleson(Det), Amendola/Quick/Smith(StL), Baldwin(Sea), Manningham(SF), Simpson(MN suspended), Sanders(Pit), LaFell(Car), Henderson(NO), Nelson(Buf)
RB: Spiller, RWilliams(Ari), DWilson(NYG), Gerhart, PThomas(NO), Blount(TB), Pead(StL), LeShoure, Vereen, FJones, Starks, Hightower, RBrown(SD), DThomas(MAi),Best(Det),
garretterik
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2nd draft of the night

Postby Aberfoyle » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:46 pm

So you have a top 3 QB, which offsets the fact that your RBs and WRs are weak. You do have a nice TE in Gronk, but don't expect same level of production this year.

Not a big fan of steven jackson and you have the problem in Atlanta of Julio Jones being better than roddy. Also have some sleeper potential if starters take a hit. I am not sure you can make playoffs with this team unless brees scores 50 pts a week.
Aberfoyle
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Marbury2MarionPHX » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:53 pm

Really good team and have honestly good depth. Not to mention you have Brees at quarterback as well, which will serve you well of course. I''d advise you to get Ryan Williams however, I am an Arizona fan and I have no doubt he will take the majoriy of the carries by midseason.
Marbury2MarionPHX
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dweenmachine » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Thanks for your reply on my post ;-D

I think you made the right move in taking Young over Burleson. Out of the WR's on your waiver, I'd keep an eye on Amendola... not sure if your league is PPR or not, but in a PPR I am high on Amendola and would put him above Young and Floyd. Otherwise, if it's a standard league I'd say he's pretty even with Young.

Like you said, you've got quantity over quality in your RB's. Nothing flashy, a bit of a risk in McGahee and a few handcuffs. If either SJax or McGahee get off to a good start this season, I'd look to package one of them with another RB and one of your WR's for an upgrade at RB.

I hope this helps!
-Thanks to madaslives911 for the wicked awesome sig!
dweenmachine
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Roster Ratings