Just Drafted, Rate My Roster? WHIR. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Just Drafted, Rate My Roster? WHIR.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just Drafted, Rate My Roster? WHIR.

Postby handslikesecrets » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:46 pm

12-Team, No PPR, Heads-up.

QB- Tom Brady
RB- Jamaal Charles
RB- Benjarvus Green-Ellis
WR- Larry Fitzgerald
WR- Percy Harvin
FLEX- Jonathan Stewart
TE- Aaron Hernandez
D/ST- Packers
K- Sebastian Janikowski

BENCH
Toby Gerhart
Kenny Britt
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Denarius Moore
David Wilson
Taiwan Jones
Sam Bradford
handslikesecrets
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 30)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Just Drafted, Rate My Roster? WHIR.

Postby WastelandENT » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:06 am

I like Brady, personally I always enjoy having an elite QB on my teams, the depth at QB is a little weak Bradford has the upside but i just don't think he has arrived just yet. I like Charles as RB1 but Green-Ellis as a RB2 I wouldn't feel comfortable with, he would make a great backup and would be solid at the flex. your WR group is very good and has good depth as well. I also like Hernandez at TE a lot. I think that your D/ST is a risk, I would try to see if there is anything on the waiver wire. If it was my team I would move Green-Ellis to the flex and use Stewart as a backup, which would give you good depth at RB then maybe look for a RB2 on the waiver wire or even look to trade a WR for a RB2 because you have great depth at WR so it opens up trade possibilities.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby snowstomper » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:34 am

I pretty much agree 100% with WastelandENT.

Brady is solid, no doubt. Your weakness is at that RB2 spot. Green Eillis is more of a good RB3 or Flex option, but IMO he isn't a solid RB2. You do have some nice depth at WR, and maybe look to put together a trade for a stronger RB2.

Good luck.

Help me out, and check out my draft results!
viewtopic.php?t=516458
snowstomper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Wags » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:46 am

Thanks for the help with mine!

Looking at your roster, it's solid for the most-part. I don't mind the Lawfirm as a #2 runningback, but I do think he will do better than most. I think if you had to improve your team somewhere, this would be the place.

I do think you bench lacks a little depth too. You don't have a whole lot of guys with upside. A lot of those guys have average floors, but not very high ceilings. But, I'm not sure if there's a whole lot you can do about that right now....but for a 12-owner league, not bad at all...good work!
Wags
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 17)

Postby ElGalloGigante » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:52 am

Honestly, bud, your RBs leave a lot to be desired, doubly so in a non-PPR format. I'd hope Harvin has a good start to his season and then look to move him with one of those second-tier RBs for a decent RB2.

Brady is going to go a long way, but you'll need to lean on those RBs as the playoffs approach.

Care to share? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=516467
ElGalloGigante
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Postby bigdogg712 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:59 am

I think its a good team. I love your QB and WRs. Your rbs are a bit sketchy.
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 45)

Postby Bigpop » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:19 pm

Honestly, I don't see why people are leary of your RBs. I think Charles is gonna have a great season and the law firm (assuming you got him later) is/can be a great value pick. He might not get lots of receptions but you don't care in non PPR and he is gonna be a regular feature in Cinci. And by the way the Bungals average the most rushing attempts in the NFL so they will be using him, along with the fact that he doesn't fumble.

To be honest, in a 12 team league, I think your pretty well set. I am afraid of Harvin and personally avoid him but thats just me. His injuries and migraine issues scare me and they are so up and down, you never know what his status will be and believe me while he can be a big producer that is scary enough for me to stay away.
Bigpop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Happy Homer » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:30 pm

I echo the posts above. If I could upgrade a spot on your team, it would def be that RB2 slot, so you can slide the Law Firm to your flex. I think between Demarius Moore and Heyward Bay, one of them could have a nice season, so I would look to trade Harvin to upgrade that RB2 slot.

Help with mine? Thanks. viewtopic.php?f=44&t=516379
Happy Homer
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Roster Ratings