12-team PPR (6th pick) - How did I do? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12-team PPR (6th pick) - How did I do? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

12-team PPR (6th pick) - How did I do? WHIR

Postby GeneralTsou » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:55 pm

12-team PPR with 6pt. ALL TDs 6th pick Round selected in ( )

I was thrilled to have McCoy fall to me at 6. I was stressing out debating between CJ2K and DMC. Glad I didn't have to make that choice.

I didn't want to go early on QB and I wasn't going to reach. In this league QBs go quick. In fact Tom Brady went 1st overall, Rodgers 3rd, Brees 5th, and Cam Newton 10th. I ended up with Luck in the 9th rd and Locker in the 12th rd as an upside pick. I have a huge ? at QB but I think the rest of my starting lineup is dominant in PPR format.

QB: Andrew Luck (9)
RB1: LeSean McCoy (1)
RB2: Darren Sproles (3)
WR1: Julio Jones (2)
WR2: Percy Harvin (4)
FLEX: Eric Decker (6)
TE: Aaron Hernandez (5)
D/ST: Broncos (13)
K: Matt Bryant (14)

Bench: Peyton Hillis (7)
Bench: Mark Ingram (8)
Bench: Titus Young (10)
Bench: Kendall Wright (11)
Bench: Jake Locker (12)
Last edited by GeneralTsou on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
12-team PPR

QB: Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick
RB: Jamaal Charles, Darren Sproles, Knowshon Moreno, Montee Ball
WR: Jordy Nelson, Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon
TE: Martellus Bennett
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Cleveland
GeneralTsou
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12-team PPR (6th pick) - How did I do?

Postby Aberfoyle » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:05 am

Decent team aside from QB uncertainity.

viewtopic.php?t=516433
Aberfoyle
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12-team PPR (6th pick) - How did I do? WHIR

Postby GeneralTsou » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:17 am

I need a QB
12-team PPR

WR: Jordy Nelson, Larry Fitzgerald, Vincent Jackson, Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon
GeneralTsou
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby snowstomper » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:30 am

Personally, I think that you're team is pretty solid. Yes, you have a ? at QB but it's not that big of an issue. I think that Luck will have a pretty solid year; nothing spectacular....but solid.

I wouldn't worry. Just keep an eye on Luck the first few games, and if nothing else just check the waivers/FA's and see who else might be out there. Schaab? Palmer?

Help me out, and check out my draft results.
viewtopic.php?t=516458
snowstomper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GeneralTsou » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:17 pm

Flacco and Palmer are on the WW. I almost took Matt Ryan in the 5th but Aaron Hernandez was too good to pass up
12-team PPR

GeneralTsou
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby nightfox422 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:49 pm

I love you team, but like everyone so far said, you QB is shakey.
Luck could turn out to be really good, but I would have a hard time going into the season with him as my #1.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=516466
nightfox422
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Postby GeneralTsou » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:27 pm

nightfox422 wrote:I love you team, but like everyone so far said, you QB is shakey.
Luck could turn out to be really good, but I would have a hard time going into the season with him as my w#1.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=516466

There is a team that has Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger. Should I try to trade for Big Ben? Who would you give up?
12-team PPR

GeneralTsou
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby DukeVBall » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:48 am

Looking back, you really should've taken Matt Ryan in the 5th. Luck and Locker are two BIG ? marks... TEN has the 15th hardest QB schedule and IND has the 28th. Hindsight is 20-20 tho...

Are Olsen or Rudolph on the ww? Perhaps you could trade Hernandez for Big Ben? Is Bradford on the ww? STL supposedly has the #1 easiest QB schedule.... and Steve Smith has been playing well there.

Don't make any hasty moves cause Luck could be ok... but test the waters.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=516624
DukeVBall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)

Postby GeneralTsou » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:52 pm

I am thinking the Colts will be throwing a lot this year playing catch up and garbage points count in fantasy. People seem to forget that Cam Newton was a rookie last year too and even if you ignore the rushing, he threw for 4000 yds. Andrew luck is supposedly the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning and people expect him to do worse (passing wise) than Cam? I think he is smart enough to keep his INTs to a minimum and they will throw a ton. I can see him putting up similar numbers to Romo, Rivers, the Manning brothers, Big Ben, and even Matt Ryan (possibly). Maybe that's a stretch.

Flacco, Bradford, Palmer are available free agents. I could also possibly get Cutler as he is the 3rd QB on a team (I can convince him to drop him). I love my starters at all other positions so trading one is out of the question. I am hoping one of my bench players blows up so I can sell high and upgrade at QB
12-team PPR

GeneralTsou
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mbry429 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:12 pm

GeneralTsou wrote:I am thinking the Colts will be throwing a lot this year playing catch up and garbage points count in fantasy. People seem to forget that Cam Newton was a rookie last year too and even if you ignore the rushing, he threw for 4000 yds. Andrew luck is supposedly the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning and people expect him to do worse (passing wise) than Cam? I think he is smart enough to keep his INTs to a minimum and they will throw a ton. I can see him putting up similar numbers to Romo, Rivers, the Manning brothers, Big Ben, and even Matt Ryan (possibly). Maybe that's a stretch.

Flacco, Bradford, Palmer are available free agents. I could also possibly get Cutler as he is the 3rd QB on a team (I can convince him to drop him). I love my starters at all other positions so trading one is out of the question. I am hoping one of my bench players blows up so I can sell high and upgrade at QB

I think you need to temper your expectations a lot more on Luck - Cam Newton was GREAT, but that was only for about the first 7-8 weeks and then he fell off drastically and became a mediocre rookie QB once teams found him out - and that's something Luck doesn't really have on his side, the crazy athleticism that allowed Newton to surprise teams..

The only way you will be able to win your league with two rookie QBs like Luck/Locker (while although I both think they will be decent options in some weeks) is rotating them very efficiently against the defenses they are playing against and hoping for the best, your skill position players will all need to stay healthy too (don't get me wrong, I love every aspect of your team aside from QB and have a lot of the same players)..I have Matt Ryan/Sam Bradford and I'm almost nervous about my QB situation and have a pretty solid lineup

I don't think Luck will be a top 10 QB like you are predicting, I could see him finishing in the top 15 though - if you think the rest of your team is good enough to win the league, then go for it..I, personally, would make a trade for E. Manning, Roethlisberger, Cutler - any of them are better options and are all quite readily available you say

Help?
viewtopic.php?t=516579
12 Team PPR BIG $ LEAGUE
QB - Matt Ryan (J. Freeman)
RB - Arian Foster, Reggie Bush (Ballard, Starks, Bell)
WR - Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall (Nicks, Britt)
Flex - Eric Decker
TE - Jared Cook, (G. Olsen)
D/ST - MIA
K - S. Graham
mbry429
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Roster Ratings