Just drafted. What are your thought son my team WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Just drafted. What are your thought son my team WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Just drafted. What are your thought son my team WHIR 10

Postby WastelandENT » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:59 pm

With Bradshaws injury history and Wilson being a rookie the Giants look like they will be passing a lot this year, not to mention Eli has had an increase in his number of pass attempts each of the last three years. I think it just comes down to personal preference, both of them will be solid WR and should put up similar enough numbers that the difference shouldn't change a season ( unless one of them gets injured of course )
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigdogg712 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:46 am

WastelandENT wrote:With Bradshaws injury history and Wilson being a rookie the Giants look like they will be passing a lot this year, not to mention Eli has had an increase in his number of pass attempts each of the last three years. I think it just comes down to personal preference, both of them will be solid WR and should put up similar enough numbers that the difference shouldn't change a season ( unless one of them gets injured of course )

Well lets say that you are drafting, and round 3, 24th overall pick in a 10 team league, you have the choice between Nicks and Jennings. Who would you take and why? There are no good RBs or QBs. You already have foster and charles.
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 45)

Postby WastelandENT » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:25 pm

3rd round in a 10 teamer, I take Nicks because he has the ability to be that offenses biggest target. Also Cruz was great last year and could do it again but he has only had one year like that so far and who knows if he can replicate that, if he doesn't then Nicks will get that many more looks this year. But I am sure you can find other people who would argue for Jennings at that spot, either way you're getting a very good WR.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bigdogg712 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:51 pm

WastelandENT wrote:3rd round in a 10 teamer, I take Nicks because he has the ability to be that offenses biggest target. Also Cruz was great last year and could do it again but he has only had one year like that so far and who knows if he can replicate that, if he doesn't then Nicks will get that many more looks this year. But I am sure you can find other people who would argue for Jennings at that spot, either way you're getting a very good WR.

Well I just kinda thought of it when I was debating the trade, who would I have taken if both were there when I drafted nicks. I probably would've taken jennings because of the better QB, the lack of running game (means more passes), and the lack of INJURIES. Also, who knows if nelson will repeat again. Nelson is very comparable to cruz. So both teams have a true #1 with a very solid #2. Rodgers is better than eli. And rarely gets injured. So, why should I take Nicks???
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WastelandENT » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:57 pm

Don't underestimate Benson in GB I know a lot of people think he isn't going to do anything, but I think he still has a good season left in him especially in GB where defenses have to play the pass. What it comes down to though is I think both Nicks and Jennings have a similar floor but I think Nicks has the higher ceiling.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bigdogg712 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:33 am

WastelandENT wrote:Don't underestimate Benson in GB I know a lot of people think he isn't going to do anything, but I think he still has a good season left in him especially in GB where defenses have to play the pass. What it comes down to though is I think both Nicks and Jennings have a similar floor but I think Nicks has the higher ceiling.

Even with the injury problems??
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WastelandENT » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:48 am

If healthy I think Nicks puts up the better numbers, not by a lot but by enough that it would be noticeable. If your Super concerned about injury then Jennings is the safer bet because like I said, I think they have a similar floor but if you assume they both stay healthy all year ( I know it's a risk to assume I'm just saying that for the sake of my argument ) then I think Nicks will put up better numbers.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bigdogg712 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:54 am

WastelandENT wrote:If healthy I think Nicks puts up the better numbers, not by a lot but by enough that it would be noticeable. If your Super concerned about injury then Jennings is the safer bet because like I said, I think they have a similar floor but if you assume they both stay healthy all year ( I know it's a risk to assume I'm just saying that for the sake of my argument ) then I think Nicks will put up better numbers.

Alright thanks. Id prefer to just go the safer route. I ve been burned by nicks in the past.

What do you think of another trade that I think is happening? I give britt and I get ryan mathews.
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WastelandENT » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:59 am

That one is tough because you have two guys there that have big upside but both of them have trouble staying on the field. I would take Mathews in this one because I think he will produce more once he is on the field than Britt will due to the unproven QB in TEN and the fact that they have few other decent WR's for him to compete with and CJ who should see a lot of touches this year. Mathews on the other hand might become his offense number one guy when he returns because of the shaky WR position in SD and because Rivers has been declining the last two years, so of Mathews can get on the field and stay there then he should put up RB1 numbers.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bigdogg712 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:08 am

WastelandENT wrote:That one is tough because you have two guys there that have big upside but both of them have trouble staying on the field. I would take Mathews in this one because I think he will produce more once he is on the field than Britt will due to the unproven QB in TEN and the fact that they have few other decent WR's for him to compete with and CJ who should see a lot of touches this year. Mathews on the other hand might become his offense number one guy when he returns because of the shaky WR position in SD and because Rivers has been declining the last two years, so of Mathews can get on the field and stay there then he should put up RB1 numbers.

See thats what I'm thinking. Also, Britt is my 5th best WR and mathews would become my 3rd/4th best RB. I was thinking that I could then try to flip mathews for Richardson or something along those lines.
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Roster Ratings