Just drafted. What are your thought son my team WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Just drafted. What are your thought son my team WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Just drafted. What are your thought son my team WHIR 10

Postby WastelandENT » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:12 am

Yeah, with the depth you have at WR I think this is a smart move for you. And if you really want to trade Mathews for I solid RB that can play week 1 I would look for someone other than Richardson, he could be great I just don't trust rookie RB's especially on a team that can't even keep their QB standing up for more than a few plays in a row, their O-line looked TERRIBLE last game, Weeden was constantly on the floor.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigdogg712 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:20 am

bigdogg712 wrote:
WastelandENT wrote:That one is tough because you have two guys there that have big upside but both of them have trouble staying on the field. I would take Mathews in this one because I think he will produce more once he is on the field than Britt will due to the unproven QB in TEN and the fact that they have few other decent WR's for him to compete with and CJ who should see a lot of touches this year. Mathews on the other hand might become his offense number one guy when he returns because of the shaky WR position in SD and because Rivers has been declining the last two years, so of Mathews can get on the field and stay there then he should put up RB1 numbers.

See thats what I'm thinking. Also, Britt is my 5th best WR and mathews would become my 3rd/4th best RB. I was thinking that I could then try to flip mathews for Richardson or something along those lines.

Do you think I Could do something like that?
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 45)

Postby WastelandENT » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:25 am

You would have to find someone who really values Mathews upside or package him with someone, not sure who to package him with though because if you add another RB it defeats the purpose of the trade and if you add a WR you will be compromising your depth at that position.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bigdogg712 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:40 am

WastelandENT wrote:You would have to find someone who really values Mathews upside or package him with someone, not sure who to package him with though because if you add another RB it defeats the purpose of the trade and if you add a WR you will be compromising your depth at that position.

I mean do you think mathews would be worth forte straight up? Or more like gore? or in between?
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WastelandENT » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:47 am

Probably not Forte, and it depends on how higly you think of Gore. Personally I think that Gore isn't going to have a good year. I would look for someone like Reggie Bush ( especially in a ppr league if it is one ) Bush proved last year that he can be the main guy AND stay healthy for a full season add that to the Dolphins poor WR group and Bush is going to be someone who has the ball A LOT. The only downside to something like this is that if Mathews gets on the feild and stays healthy the rest of the year he can put up HUGE numbers.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bigdogg712 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:23 pm

WastelandENT wrote:Probably not Forte, and it depends on how higly you think of Gore. Personally I think that Gore isn't going to have a good year. I would look for someone like Reggie Bush ( especially in a ppr league if it is one ) Bush proved last year that he can be the main guy AND stay healthy for a full season add that to the Dolphins poor WR group and Bush is going to be someone who has the ball A LOT. The only downside to something like this is that if Mathews gets on the feild and stays healthy the rest of the year he can put up HUGE numbers.

Yeah. I kinda think gore will blow it this year :( I also think reggaes good, but not as good as mathews. What about peterson or cj2k or someone in that tier? CJs not himself yet and peterson is injured. Or what about fast freddie?
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby WastelandENT » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:26 pm

You might be able to get peterson for Mathews. I think AP will come back strong this year.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby deanbwah » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:47 pm

Your RBs are Studs. They will do really well this year as long as they stay healthy. I also really like Rivers this year. I think he is going to be a top Qb this year even without Vincent Jackson

Check out my post and let me know what you think!
viewtopic.php?t=517026
deanbwah
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby bigdogg712 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:48 pm

WastelandENT wrote:You might be able to get peterson for Mathews. I think AP will come back strong this year.

As of right now. I don't think Im gonna do the Mathews trade. He said to send the trade then decided he didn't like it. He says he likes mathews too much. :( Who do you think I could throw in?
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby runningchoc » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:31 pm

Seeing that you don't need Matthews for the first couple games I'd make the Britt for Matthews trade any day of the week. Britt will be on the sideline for one game anyways.

Also, I'd rather have Matthews than Richardson. When Matthews is healthy he's a go to RB. Richardson is unproven, and looking at what recent rookies have done running the ball doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence in his ability to start for my fantasy team week in and week out.
I'm sorta new here...
runningchoc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

PreviousNext

Return to Roster Ratings