12 team PPR league roster - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 team PPR league roster

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 team PPR league roster

Postby WastelandENT » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:34 am

The league has 12 teams and the scoring system is yahoo standard with two tweaks, first the points for a qb TD pass has been changed from 4 to 6 and second we have added a .5 PPR scoring.

Here is my roster

QB: Drew Brees

WR: Mike Wallace, Torrey Smith, Stevie Johnson

RB: LeSean McCoy, Shonn Greene

TE: Aaron Hernandez

K: Matt Prater

D/ST: Baltimore

Bench

QB: Matt Schaub

WR: Eddie Royal, Doug Baldwin

RB: Isaac Redman, Mark Ingram, Rashard Mendenhall

Let me know what you guys think, be brutally honest please.
Last edited by WastelandENT on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 team PPR league roster

Postby handslikesecrets » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:58 am

Not a massive fan of your receivers, but great running backs and you can't go wrong with Brees. I think Shonn Green will have a good year, and you'll consider him a steal. Not sure about Torrey Smith & Johnson, but Wallace should put up solid numbers. I'd give you a B-

Rate mine?
viewtopic.php?t=516441
handslikesecrets
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 30)

Postby snowstomper » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:00 am

I would just keep those fingers crossed that M.Wallace finally signs. Personally, I think that he will.

As like the previous person, I'm not that high on Stevie Johnson. I think that he's overrated, and his lingering groin issue scares me. I think that Torrey Smith is going to be solid, and is already showing great signs in preseason!

I think that you're already on the right track with trying to move Ingram for a possible better WR. The rest of your roster is solid! ;-D

Good luck this season!

Help me out, and check out my draft results!
viewtopic.php?t=516458
snowstomper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Hogan » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:01 am

I actually like your WR corps especially if Wallace plays like he should. I'm not sure why so many people are down on Stevie Johnson. My biggest worry would be Shon Green as my rb 2. Jets have looked pretty stagnant so far on offense. I might think twice about trading Ingram as he may end up having a better season than Green
Hogan Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)

Postby liono123 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:58 pm

Well balanced team, though I don't like Shonn Greene as your RB2. I feel like the Jets offense will suck, and he's not going to get many scoring opportunities. On top of that, he's not much of a PPR back. Still, you do have Brees and McCoy on a 12-teamer, so your squad is going to be potent. I like your WRs as I have faith that Wallace will perform in order to secure a future payday, and Stevie Johnson is the best big play threat in Buffalo and should be solid. I'd be confident starting Stevie and Torrey Smith most weeks.

I'm not a fan of Redman on the bench. By the time the bye weeks roll around, Mendenhall will be taking the starting job from him. Redman isn't as good a back and Mendy is off the PUP list, saying that he's not far off at all from his return.

You should be a playoffs contender.

Thanks for rating mine.
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=516450
12 Team $ (PPR + Return Yardage):
    QB: Tom Brady, Andy Dalton
    RB: Charles, Lynch, Martin, Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Rashad jennings, Joe McKnight, Leon Washington
    WR/TE: Antonio Brown, Brandon Lloyd, Randall Cobb, Ted Ginn
    K: Bryant
    DST: Bills
liono123
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)

Postby WastelandENT » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:58 pm

I am actually keeping an eye on mendenhall, no one in my league picked him up. I am hoping to drop redman for mendenhall when it looks like he is about to take the starting job back.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BriGuy13 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:30 pm

With Wallace back I think your WR core is solid

Not a fan of Greene either, but Redman will be good for the start of the season at least.

Besides, you have Brees who should make up for any lack of points in the RB2 area ...

Good team. You'll be competitive
BriGuy13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby WastelandENT » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:57 pm

UPDATE!!

I have now dropped Dan Carpenter (K-MIA) for Rashard Mendenhall and I have also dropped Atlanta's D/ST for Doug Baldwin (SEA-WR)

I am also in the process of dropping Isaac Redman for Johnathan Stewart and dropping Mark Ingram for Kevin Smith
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby DukeVBall » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:31 am

Don't drop Redman for Stewart. Stewart is injured... I think you start Redman over Greene. I think Tebow is going to steal the TDs close in.

Your WRs aren't really good PPR receivers. Keep an eye out on Amendola or Blackmon.

I think you're competitive for a 12-team league. Nice job on landing Brees AND Mccoy. They went 4 and 6 in my draft tonight.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=44&t=516624
DukeVBall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 3)

Postby WastelandENT » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:48 am

I like Stewart because if Williams under performs or gets hurt and Stewart gets a lot of carries he could be a low end RB1 or high end RB2 and everything I have heard is saying Stewart should be ready to go for week 1. And I am taking a little risk on Greene but I think he is the best option for me at RB2, I plan on using Mendenhall as my RB2 once he comes back. and I have had my eye on Amendola, he is available as a FA just not sure if I want to drop Eddie Royal for him or even Doug Baldwin.

Thanks for the input everyone!
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings