10 Tm Keeper League; How did I do? WHIR!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10 Tm Keeper League; How did I do? WHIR!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 Tm Keeper League; How did I do? WHIR!!

Postby snowstomper » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:17 am

10 Team Standard Scoring league on Yahoo, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K

In this league, we have the option to keep up to 3 players from our previous years' roster. I chose to keep A.Foster, D.Murray, and C.Newton, which then I gave up my 1st, 13th, and 16th round picks respectively since those are the rounds last year that I drafted those players.

I think overall the team looks pretty good. Where do you see any potential weaknesses, and any suggestions for possible upgrades/trade suggestions? I know that I took a little risk with MJD being he's having contract issues, but I'm pretty confident that this one will work out after reading several articles.

QB - Cam Newton (16th), Andrew Luck (12th)
RB - Arian Foster (1st), DeMarco Murray (13th), Stephen Jackson (5th), Maurice Jones-Drew (8th), Shonn Greene (11th), Ryan Williams (15th)
WR - Larry Fitzgerald (2nd), Roddy White (3rd), AJ Green (4th), Eric Decker (6th), Titus Young (9th)
TE - Jermichael Finley (7th), Tony Gonzalez (16th)
D/ST - 49ers (10th)
K - Dan Bailey (14th)

Leave a link and I will certainly help you out as best I can!
snowstomper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10 Tm Keeper League; How did I do? WHIR!!

Postby snowstomper » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:59 am

Bump....no one? C'mon guys! Give me your opinion!
snowstomper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby nightfox422 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:12 am

thanks for answering mine.

your teams looks pretty dominating.
I personally am not high on Cam Newton this year, but thats a personal preference, so cant fault you for that.

Your RBs and WRs are sick, your bench players should outscore a lot of teams starters.

I would look to see if the owners of any of the top 3 TEs need help at RB or WR and try to make a trade. you can afford to package a WR/RB combo for a top tier TE and not even feel the hit, imo
nightfox422
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Postby O.L.T.56 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:27 am

Stacked at RB. Good to have depth but its a shame to have all that talent and not be able to use it. Maybe get a top 5 reciever with a back and lesser wr. If not at least your keeping the rb's away from the competition.
Last edited by O.L.T.56 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
O.L.T.56
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ElGalloGigante » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:32 am

Team is well rounded, although I'm sure you know that Cam may have a sophomore slump coming. I like what you did with your WR corps, but I think you could have done a little better there since they were your first 3 picks. Your top 4 RBs are going to create some serious headaches for your opponents. Great use of your keeper rule.

See if you can't leverage one of those four RBs with Roddy or AJ for a supreme WR.
ElGalloGigante
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Postby mcmbpd » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:45 am

Thanks for your help with mine. I think you're team looks pretty balanced with no glarring issues. I'm not a big MJD fan this year. These contract holdouts always end up badly when you're talking about RBs...prime example CJ last year. At this point though you own him and won't find anything near face value for him right now so I'd hang on to him, see how he starts the season, and if he shows any signs of production I would deal him for a need that arises down the line before he gets hurt...And he WILL get hurt, its just a matter of time this year. Good team though again, and great values retained through those keeper picks, well done. God luck
mcmbpd
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Emerald8h » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:51 pm

Your team is pretty stacked. I will second the fact that I dont think Cam will replicate the point totals from last year. I had him last year from week 3 on, got him off waivers, and he def.took a dip towards the end of the regular season. NOW I would not hold that against him as every rookie and sophmore has those slumps. What worries me are all the points he got last year from rushing TDs. Rushing TDs vary widely from year to year and even with RBs as well. I still think he is good enough to lead your team to victory.

Your RB is freaking stacked.

Your WR is frekaing stacked.

TE is good enough to carry you.

Honestly I think, in a 10 team league, this looks like a winning roster.

I had a team like that last year, you will be hard to beat.
Emerald8h
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Brady82 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:59 pm

Team looks great!! Have some proven vets at most positions, plus some up-and-coming stars at the important ones. AND you have the #1 Defense going into the season. Nice job!! ;-D
Brady82
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby bearsfan012512 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:18 pm

QB- looks a little risky but if you trust Cam then you should be good
RB-yea you took a risk with MJD but you have enough force there that if he sucks in the first half of the year you will still be fine
WR-you are set here and I personally love Decker especially after their latest preseason game where he got 2 TDs. He and Peyton are clearly building a connection and i think he will end up with more points than Thomas. He could end up with a huge payout in addition to your already great WR core.
TE-could definitely be upgraded but I don't think they should do you any harm.
D/ST-49ers are always good and should help. (They might be one of the few that are worth keeping through their bye week rather than just dropping them)

What do you think of mine
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=516497&p=3443130#p3443130
bearsfan012512
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:28 pm

snowstomper wrote:10 Team Standard Scoring league on Yahoo, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K

In this league, we have the option to keep up to 3 players from our previous years' roster. I chose to keep A.Foster, D.Murray, and C.Newton, which then I gave up my 1st, 13th, and 16th round picks respectively since those are the rounds last year that I drafted those players.

I think overall the team looks pretty good. Where do you see any potential weaknesses, and any suggestions for possible upgrades/trade suggestions? I know that I took a little risk with MJD being he's having contract issues, but I'm pretty confident that this one will work out after reading several articles.

QB - Cam Newton (16th), Andrew Luck (12th)
RB - Arian Foster (1st), DeMarco Murray (13th), Stephen Jackson (5th), Maurice Jones-Drew (8th), Shonn Greene (11th), Ryan Williams (15th)
WR - Larry Fitzgerald (2nd), Roddy White (3rd), AJ Green (4th), Eric Decker (6th), Titus Young (9th)
TE - Jermichael Finley (7th), Tony Gonzalez (16th)
D/ST - 49ers (10th)
K - Dan Bailey (14th)

Leave a link and I will certainly help you out as best I can!

Amazes me when I see some of these roster - especially in keeper leagues where the talent pool in diluted...

QB Cam/Luck very solid. I'm not all that big of a fan of Cam, but you aren't going to do any better with a 16 round pick.
RB Foster/Muray are great keepers. Getting SJax and and MJD in the 5th and 8th is crazy
WR Fitz/White/AJ are all keeper worthy in their own right, landing all 3 in the 2nd-4th round, also crazy
TE Finley/Gonzalez is solid
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager