12 Team - 12th Pick Non-PPR - WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 Team - 12th Pick Non-PPR - WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 Team - 12th Pick Non-PPR - WHIR!

Postby Titans23 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:54 am

Hi everyone, just seeing what you all think of my draft last night. I had the 12th pick in a 12 team standard league. Our league is a little different as we are not required to start a TE. Here is the breakdown - QB, RB, RB, WR/TE, WR/TE, WR/TE, FLEX (RB/WR/TE), K, DEF. Also, 6 points for passing (20 yards- 1 point) and rushing TDs (10 yards -1 point). Some bonus points once you hit 100+ yards etc. OK here is my roster. Any comments would be great! Also, I will have the #1 Waiver Priority so I hopefully I can get another no name rb in the first couple weeks that takes over starting.

Round 1 - Calvin Johnson (WR) - I have no clue how he lasted this long but it was a gift!
Round 2 - DeMarrco Murray (RB)
Round 3 - Brandon Marshall (WR)
Round 4 - Darren Sproles (RB)
Round 5 - Tony Romo (QB)
Round 6 - Stevie Johnson (WR)
Round 7 - Donald Brown (RB) - hate this pick but he was the best RB left
Round 8 - Torrey Smith (WR) - thought he was good value in the 8th
Round 9 - Jay Cutler (QB)
Round 10 - Rashad Jennings (RB)
Round 11 - Santana Moss (WR)
Round 12 - New York Giants Defense - had to take a D here because they were flying off the boards early and I didnt want to get stuck with the Rams D
Round 13 - Mike LeShoure (RB)
Round 14 - Doug Baldwin (WR)
Round 15 - Taiwan Jones (RB)
Round 16 - Jerome Simpson (WR)
Round 17 - Jason Hanson (K)
Titans23
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 Team - 12th Pick Non-PPR - WHIR!

Postby snowstomper » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:05 am

Wow...that's pretty amazing that Calvin Johnson lasted all the way until the 12th pick! ;-D

I think that your WR look pretty solid. As for the RB's, not as solid. Don't get me wrong, Murray and Sproles will have good years, but after those two you get a little thin. I'm just curious were there no good TE's available when you were drafting? As you mentioned, I would definitely look to upgrade in RB if you can. Maybe you put a trade together, or look at the waivers like you said.

Good luck this season!

Help me out, and check out my draft results!
viewtopic.php?t=516458
snowstomper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: 12 Team - 12th Pick Non-PPR - WHIR!

Postby ElGalloGigante » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:43 am

I found myself in the same situation twice this weekend and see a lot of names that I had targeted or actually drafted. Mega was a no-brainer, but I would have spent my 3-4 pick on two more RBs since you mention this is a non-PPR league. I like the team, I do, but again, I think you might want to look at those WRs you did snag and try to package them in a deal for a legitimate RB.

Care to share? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=516467
ElGalloGigante
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Return to Roster Ratings