Two Drafts, 12th in Each out of 12 - Comments? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Two Drafts, 12th in Each out of 12 - Comments? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Two Drafts, 12th in Each out of 12 - Comments? WHIR

Postby ElGalloGigante » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:25 am

Team One:
QB: Philip Rivers, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: Darren McFadden, Maurice Jones-Drew, Steven Jackson, DeAngelo Williams, Donald Brown, Ronnie Brown
WR: Jeremy Maclin, Kenny Britt, Greg Little, Doug Baldwin, Mike Williams (TB)
TE: Aaron Hernandez
K: Nate Kaeding
D: Atlanta Falcons

Standard Scoring - .5 PPR
(QB, RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2, TE, W/R/T, K, D, 7 BEN)

Team Two:
QB: Philip Rivers, A. Dalton
RB: Adrian Peterson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Michael Turner, Jahvid Best, Ronnie Brown
WR: Hakeen Nicks, Dwayne Bowe, Greg Little, Reggie Wayne, Randy Moss
TE: Owen Daniels
K: Nate Kaeding
D: Dallas Cowboys

Standard Scoring - .5 PPR
(QB, RB1, RB2, WR1, WR2, TE, W/R/T, K, D, 6 BEN)

I usually draft towards the back of the field, but this was my first time drafting last, and I did it twice in as many days. How'd I do and where can I get better?

Thanks in advance!
ElGalloGigante
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Two Drafts, 12th in Each out of 12 - Comments? WHIR

Postby O.L.T.56 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:37 am

Both teams are set at RB. I like team 2 better cause of the wr. Overall pretty good specially for last pick for a 12 team.
O.L.T.56
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ElGalloGigante » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:42 am

Seriously? Is there some kind of mental block surrounding the meaning of WHIR?
ElGalloGigante
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Lsquad » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:56 pm

Its a bit tough picking last, but I think you did pretty well. I particuarly like the first team. Its not without risk, (DMC, MJD, Britt), but its deep enough that I think you'll be fine, and It has some great upside; overall a pretty good team.

The second team is almost as risky, but I don't see the depth or upside that the first squad does, and I'm not a huge fan of it. Both teams are pretty reliant on MJD and Rivers, so if they produce to their potential you should be ok. best of luck.
Lsquad
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)

Postby FFBMASTA » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:12 pm

How could u get McFadden, MJD and S. Jackson in a 12 team league with the 12th pick...were these guys smoking crack?
FFBMASTA
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 68)

Postby mcmbpd » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:04 am

Yeah team one had a total coop by getting those three backs in that draft position in a 12 team league. The WR core on team one is definitely lacking though. I like Maclin alot, and if Britt can return to form then you're good...if not though Little, Baldwin, and Williams could possibly step in and help but they won't give your team a distinct advantage.

Team two also dominated in the RB department. If AP, MJD, and Turner can have years somewhere close to their career average's then this team will become a force to be wreckoned with...Team two has a much better complementary WR core with Nicks and Bowe. Both have questions marks going into 2012-2013 Nicks with his injury history and Bowe with his contract issues...if both are healty and on the field they should produce quality numbers without any problem.

Thanks again for your help with mine. Good luck
mcmbpd
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mizou » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:15 am

Team 1, for a short as you are at WR (only Maclin is really a given there), you don't have enough at RB to satisfy me personally. Technically, no MJD, and DMC can get hurt at any time. Gives you St. Jax and whoever out of Williams and Brown manages the best stats. Not something I'd call breathtaking. MJD shows up, this becomes moot. But I'd be a bit worried.

Team 2, very similar, but I like the WRs much, much more. I'd be afraid of AP without handcuffing Gerhart to him. We have no idea how/if he's going to play, especially early. Again, MJD is a huge question mark to all of us. Gives you, right now, a starting lineup of Turner and Ronnie Brown, since Best is on the PUP list.

As someone else said... you're counting a lot on MJD for both of these teams. I think I would've picked someone else instead of him in both drafts. Maybe somebody with a lower ceiling, but a higher floor.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=516644
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Roster Ratings