What to offer for Stafford??? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

What to offer for Stafford??? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

What to offer for Stafford??? WHIR

Postby dblj9911 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:14 am

10 team, dynasty league, keep entire 25 rosters, 1 ppr, 6pt all tds, start 1qb, 2rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 k, 2idp, we have a 3 Rd rookie / free agent draft. So it's hood to keep your roster young and try and move players for younger players or draft picks before they get too old.
So what to offer for Stafford? We can trade picks also. Valuable players on each roster:
My team
QB- Eli, Ryan
WR- Calvin, Fitz, Colston, J Nelson, Blackmon, Decker, S Rice, Manningham
RB- AP, Richardson, Bradshaw, Benson, K Smith, M Bush, Starks,
Te- Gronk, Daniels, D Clark

His team
QB- Stafford, Schaub, locker
WR- Jennings, VJax, E Sanders, M Floyd
RB- Cj1k, Sproles, R. Bush, A Green, c Polk
TE - V Davis, Rudolph
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 75)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What to offer for Stafford??? WHIR

Postby DemonDeacon » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:23 pm

Thanks for help on mine.

If I were you Id look to pair up Eli and one of your WRs namely Colston since u have amazing depth and hes hurting. If that doesnt lock him up Id look to throw in a draft pick. I wouldnt get too crazy about over offering for Stafford as Ryan might be making the next step this year.

Hopefully that helped a bit
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Chappie » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:58 pm

Yeah, don't go nuts offering tons of value when Ryan is going to be pretty close to Stafford anyway. Eli still has plenty of time left as well. Actually looking at your lineup, I would be far more concerned about your RB situation. Only one RB has come back from an ACL injury like AP had to have any real success (I think it was Jamal Lewis, and I think it wasn't all that much success). I think he is being highly overvalued this year. Also, look at all of the first round RB's that haven't really panned out, or if they did it took a few years. Given that and his injury status, Richardson is a big risk. Bradshaw is always an injury risk as well. Basically I think you have a ton of solid #2 RBs, which is good, but no clear cut #1, which is less good. You may try dipping into your WR pool a little, where you are stacked.
Chappie
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 8)

Postby cjdarling19 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Thanks for the help on mine. You have good depth at WR, so I would trade either Colston or Nelson. Between the two, I think Nelson has the greater upside and higher floor, so I would try and trade Colston if he would take him. Also, I would try to package him with Manning, since I like Ryan better.
cjdarling19
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby werbs » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:03 pm

Thanks for the help on mine. I agree. I think I would try to get rid of Colston and Manning. I love Decker this year and I am higher on Matt Ryan this year than ever.
10 team non PPR league

My team:
QB: Brady
RB: Rice
RB: T. Rich
WR:B. Marshall
WR:D. Moore
TE:Hernandez
FX: Stewart
D:Vikings
K:Hanson

Bench:
Freeman
M. Bush
Murray
Britt
Antonio Brown
Gresham
Keller
werbs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby prophecy135 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:05 pm

DemonDeacon wrote:Thanks for help on mine.

If I were you Id look to pair up Eli and one of your WRs namely Colston since u have amazing depth and hes hurting. If that doesnt lock him up Id look to throw in a draft pick. I wouldnt get too crazy about over offering for Stafford as Ryan might be making the next step this year.

Hopefully that helped a bit

This, and if he doesnt go for, I guess you could throw in a pick, but like Demon said dont go crazy, Ryan is IMO going to be pretty dang good this year and going forward with the more uptempo offense and Julio.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby nyr199435 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:09 pm

Yeah, Stafford would be nice, but not entirely necessary as many have mentioned. Ryan's been hooking up with Julio and Roddy pretty well in the preseason, and could have a terrific season. You don't NEED Stafford. But if he'll take Eli + Colston, or Eli + Rice or Manningham, go for it. Otherwise, if he asks for more, leave it alone. Your team will be fine without Stafford.
nyr199435
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions