PPR league- keep AJ Green, Welker, or Hakeem Nicks? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

PPR league- keep AJ Green, Welker, or Hakeem Nicks? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

PPR league- keep AJ Green, Welker, or Hakeem Nicks? WHIR

Postby comeonyouvikes » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:15 am

I can only keep one wide receiver. As title states, this is a PPR league. I can keep Nicks with my second round pick (seventh out of ten). Welker or Green would cost a fourth round pick. Leaning towards Welker or Green, but pretty torn on whom to keep. Thanks!
comeonyouvikes
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: PPR league- keep AJ Green, Welker, or Hakeem Nicks? WHIR

Postby dblj9911 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:23 am

Welker in the 4th Rd of a ppr league is a steal. Nicks has been banged up and has had injuries in the past. I like Green, he is a beast, but can he repeat his rookie year? I'm taking a motivated Welker for this year and if he has his normal year (100+ rec) and your team is out of the playoff chase you can easily trade him for a top young player. Good luck.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=516478
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)

Postby liquidvet » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:10 pm

Welker is going second round. Def no brainer on welker, and he has a qb that can throw form45 tds
6pt tds, 1 pt ppr competitive 10 man league
QB Rodgers, Smith
RB MJD, Matthews, Spiller, McGahee, R. williams
WR: J. Jones, Torry Smith, Lafell, Britt, Young
TE: Hernandez, Bennet
D:Eagles
liquidvet
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:34 pm

dblj9911 wrote:Welker in the 4th Rd of a ppr league is a steal. Nicks has been banged up and has had injuries in the past. I like Green, he is a beast, but can he repeat his rookie year? I'm taking a motivated Welker for this year and if he has his normal year (100+ rec) and your team is out of the playoff chase you can easily trade him for a top young player. Good luck.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=516478

This decision isn't as clear cut as it seems. Nicks in the 7th is arguably represents just as much if not more value than Welker in the 4th, especially in a draft where the farther you progress the less each round matters.

I, as well as a lot of people believe Welker will revert back to his 09 numbers with Lloyd in the picture. This is a fair assumption and yes he'd still be a PPR beast. Where I'm confused is your line "I'm taking a motivated Welker..". He's already got his "contract" and it was surprisingly only a one year deal. IMO, NE signing Welker to a one year deal speaks volumes of what they plan to do with him this year and in the future making him a sub-par keeper. The phasing out of Welker in NE will start this year with Hernandez specifically cutting into his reps. Personally I'd rather take someone with the upside of Nicks in the 7th, the WR boat in this years drafts sets sail in the 6th. You'll have a distinct advantage here.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby liquidvet » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:47 pm

I agree with nicks comment didnt notice it was a seventh round pic. I do disagree with the sixth round thinning of wr's. You have some incredible depth ghis year and will see the 7,8,9 th rounds with guys like decker, maclin, torrey smith, titus young and justin blackmon.
QB Rodgers, Smith
liquidvet
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:53 pm

liquidvet wrote:I agree with nicks comment didnt notice it was a seventh round pic. I do disagree with the sixth round thinning of wr's. You have some incredible depth ghis year and will see the 7,8,9 th rounds with guys like decker, maclin, torrey smith, titus young and justin blackmon.

The 6th round is the thinning of bonafied WR2's (Maclin, Decker and T.Smith were going in the 6th last time I checked). You're right though, it doesn't exactly set sail, there are a bunch of WR3s in those later rounds with WR2 upside. I just think there is a distinct tier jump from rounds 4/5/6 to rounds 7/8/9 WR wise this year.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby liquidvet » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:56 pm

I did read it correctly as well, nicks was a second round pick . It was confusing because he said seventh positionin second round. Welker is morevaluable imo
QB Rodgers, Smith
liquidvet
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:58 pm

liquidvet wrote:I did read it correctly as well, nicks was a second round pick . It was confusing because he said seventh positionin second round. Welker is morevaluable imo

Yikes, okay Welker it is lol. I should have known better, I'm not sure Nicks was ever a 7th rounder haha.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby liquidvet » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:03 pm

Hehe nicks in seventh i would ask for league invite :)
QB Rodgers, Smith
liquidvet
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby comeonyouvikes » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:29 pm

Wow, you guys are quick with the responses - thanks everyone! Sorry if I was unclear- keeping Nicks would use my second round pick, and I am picking in the seventh position every round (no snaking). If Welker has the number of catches that he has had the past few years, I'm sold on Welker. However, the decline has to start happening soon, right? Brady has so many other targets, I just don't know if Welker will have all the catches we are used to. Green also seems to be about all of the offense for Cincinnati, which is both good and bad.
comeonyouvikes
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 9)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions