RB Handcuff / Kicker Dilema... What to do??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

RB Handcuff / Kicker Dilema... What to do???

Moderator: Football Moderators

RB Handcuff / Kicker Dilema... What to do???

Postby Fasteddy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:12 pm

I drafted both McFadden and Mathews as my primarry RB's. I have neither Goodson nor R. Brown as Hand-cuffs, but I do have D, Brown or R. Willams as my #3 #4 Rbs. BOTH Goodson and Brown are still avaialble on my waiver wire.

Meanwhile I drafted Hartley and Janikowski in rounds 13-14. I did that because I was uncomfortable about not nowing 100% for sure if Hartley has the job back.

Should I hold firm till I know about Hartley. or just keep Janikowski and swap Hartley for Goodson or Brown. Finall, which ONE of the handcuff options would you pick up?

Thanks... leave me your topic.... WHIR
If you love something, let it go....
If it loves you, it will come back to you...
If it doesn't come back to you...
You can always hunt it down and kill it....
Fasteddy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RB Handcuff / Kicker Dilema... What to do???

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:26 pm

Rule of thumb, don't roster a single kicker until you have to, let alone two. The difference between K1 and K12 is marginal and impossible to predict. You're supposed to sit on RBs until the regular season roles around, then make your decision.

As for the handcuffs, sadly both Goodson and Brown are poor options this year.

Goodson was released from CAR due to fumbling issues that he brought with him to OAK. This coupled with some recent untimely injuries have allowed a healthy T.Jones make a case for the back up role. It's pretty convoluted at this point and in the event DMC went down you can expect Goodosn, Jones and Reece to split reps. There's no handcuff for DMC this year.

Brown is one of my favorite RBs to play this game but I won't let bias get in the way, he's lost several steps. IMO SD is going to air it out while Mathews is on vaca, with Brown, Brinkley and whoever else is in that backfield splitting reps. I could not trust Brown as anything more than a RB4 with Mathews out.

Regardless, at least drop one of your kickers and pick up one lottery ticket RB.
Last edited by SameSongNDance on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Re: RB Handcuff / Kicker Dilema... What to do???

Postby MMhawk607 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Yea kickers arent like WR's. Week to week these guys are putting up similar numbers.

I drop my Kickers/DEF whenever they're on Bye weeks. No need to have backups. Pick one you know will have a starting job and just keep him.

Help?
viewtopic.php?t=516495
so pro.
MMhawk607 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions