I'm New to Fantasy Football, HELP! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

I'm New to Fantasy Football, HELP!

Moderator: Football Moderators

I'm New to Fantasy Football, HELP!

Postby aalkatrio » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:35 pm

This is only my second year with Fantasy Football, and last year didn't go over so well. I tried doing a lot of research again this year and felt that I was over thinking my picks, running into time restraints and being forced into making a decision. I really need some insightful suggestions on starting/benching, and drops/pickups. Thank you all in advance!

This year it was a 10 man Snake draft.

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 Flex: RB/WR
1 TE
1 D/ST
1 K

My Team:

QB Philip Rivers
RB Chris Johnson
RB Darren Sproles
RB/WR Wes Welker
WR Marques Colston
WR Julio Jones
TE Tony Gonzalez
D/ST Packers
K Matt Prater

Bench Ben Tate, Hou RB
Bench David Wilson, NYG RB
Bench Michael Crabtree, SF WR
Bench Malcom Floyd, SD WR
Bench Titus Young, Det WR
Bench Ryan Williams, Ari RB P
Bench Josh Freeman, TB QB
aalkatrio
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: I'm New to Fantasy Football, HELP!

Postby Indibuck » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:14 pm

aalkatrio wrote:This is only my second year with Fantasy Football, and last year didn't go over so well. I tried doing a lot of research again this year and felt that I was over thinking my picks, running into time restraints and being forced into making a decision. I really need some insightful suggestions on starting/benching, and drops/pickups. Thank you all in advance!

This year it was a 10 man Snake draft.

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 Flex: RB/WR
1 TE
1 D/ST
1 K

My Team:

QB Philip Rivers
RB Chris Johnson
RB Darren Sproles
RB/WR Wes Welker
WR Marques Colston
WR Julio Jones
TE Tony Gonzalez
D/ST Packers
K Matt Prater

Bench Ben Tate, Hou RB
Bench David Wilson, NYG RB
Bench Michael Crabtree, SF WR
Bench Malcom Floyd, SD WR
Bench Titus Young, Det WR
Bench Ryan Williams, Ari RB P
Bench Josh Freeman, TB QB

The first year is always the worst... the second year is a lot more fun as you are so much more prepared heading into a draft, as well as how to manage your team.

I think you had a pretty nice draft. The starters are solid and you have some upside guy on your bench. I'm not on the Tony Gonzalez bandwagon this year, so I would advise seeing who is on the waiver wire at TE as a hedge to your Gonzo bet.

As for start/sit and roster management questions, we have some great forums for those. Post them throughout the year, and reciprocate by taking a stab at some other people's questions as well.

Good luck this year, see ya around the Cafe. ;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 173)

Postby latraffic » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:43 pm

Ah, I remember those early years... bottom of the league, getting slammed week-in, week-out. Why one season I actually picked a DEF as my first pick! lol! But now! Years of research, time dedicated to the cafe and now I kick @ss in my league every year.

But enough about me -- welcome and congrats, you look to have a solid team on your hands. I think CJ will have a great bounce back year and Rivers is super underrated. Welker, Julio and Colston are outstanding WRs. Well done!

Most important, have fun and come back here often! See you around.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby aalkatrio » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:00 pm

latraffic wrote:Ah, I remember those early years... bottom of the league, getting slammed week-in, week-out. Why one season I actually picked a DEF as my first pick! lol! But now! Years of research, time dedicated to the cafe and now I kick @ss in my league every year.

But enough about me -- welcome and congrats, you look to have a solid team on your hands. I think CJ will have a great bounce back year and Rivers is super underrated. Welker, Julio and Colston are outstanding WRs. Well done!

Most important, have fun and come back here often! See you around.

Welker turned out to be a bust, Rivers is eh, CJ is a disappointment....lost the 1st game. Reminds me of last year now lol
aalkatrio
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 4)

Postby GenericUsername » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:18 pm

It's only the first game. I had to remind myself that when Greg Jennings put up a poor performance on Sunday. Still, you have the rest of the season to recover. You definitely have some great WR's though.
Team: Snappy Japs
QB: Aaron Rogers
RB: Ryan Matthews, Alfred Morris
WR: Jordy Nelson, Percy Harvin,Torrey Smith/Titus Young
TE: Rob Gronkowski
K: Greg Zuerlein
DST: Available for matchup
GenericUsername Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby latraffic » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Wow, hope I didn't jinx you for the season. :-B

But don't hit the panic button yet. Many more games ahead of you and your going to win some, I can promise that. Just don't go crazy and start dropping/trading all your talent away after only 1 week. That is truly a rookie mistake.

Hang in there!
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Beginner's Forum