Rate my roster, please! Yahoo League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate my roster, please! Yahoo League

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate my roster, please! Yahoo League

Postby average_joe » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:50 pm

How does this roster look? I want to drop a TE and a K, what should I be looking for? Or just rate it. If I missed any useful info, please ask, I will reply.

QB: Newton, Locker
WR: Julio Jones, Cal. Johnson, Harvin, Little, Floyd
RB: Doug Martin, Don. Brown, Bush
TE: F. Davis, Keller
K: Bironas, Kaeding
Def: Pittsburgh

Start QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, Def
Scoring Non PPR, Head to Head league, Passing: 1 pt/ 25 yds, 5 pts/ TD, Int: -1, Rushing/Receiving: 1 pt/ 10 yds, 6 pts/ TD, Fum: -2 and standard Defense and Kicking (who cares, right? lol) Also, a 40+ yard TD in any cat (pass/rec/rush) is an extra point.

Thanks!
Last edited by average_joe on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
average_joe
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my roster, please! Yahoo League

Postby blazed118 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:11 pm

I like your WR, but unfortunately, that's about it. I think Newton caught everyone by surprise, and by the second half of the season, defenses started figuring him out. I expect some significant regression there.

Not sure why you drafted two kickers, but you need to figure out a way to shore up your RB's. Who is available at QB on your WW? The only way I can see to trade for even a second tier RB would weaken you too much at QB or WR. Maybe Newton/Harvin for Tony Romo/Michael Turner type trade.

Help with mine? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=516215
blazed118
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 10)

Postby WastelandENT » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:27 pm

QB: I think you are very vulnerable here, if Cam doesn't have the same season he did last year you will be in trouble.

WR: I think you are solid at this position and should have no concerns throughout the season, you might even want to look at trading a WR for a low level QB1 ( Ryan, Big Ben, Romo ) You might even be able to find one on the WW

RB: I think this is where you are in serious trouble, you have no true RB1. Martin could be a RB2 but that would be a stretch. I do like Bush, but I like him as a flex ( which doesn't exist in your league )

TE: I think you have two guys who are mid to low end TE1's so your solid here, you might want to try and move one for a QB or RB

D: Your solid at this position

Overall: C I think you should look to package a WR/TE and see if you can get a RB1 and then surf the WW for a QB

Rate mine? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=516449
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby average_joe » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:03 pm

Thanks, that was my concern too, just liked to get a couple other opinions. I got called into work at the last min, so I had to go with the auto draft. Which is why I am kind of scrambling now. Flacco, Fitzy, A. Smith, Sanchez and Dalton are all available on WW. I am actually not as worried about the QB, as you noticed the scoring is stacked against them a little. As for RB, I have Mike Bush, Spiller, Jacobs, Tolbert, P. Thomas, and Tate on the WW. I know there are a couple of guys who hit me up with trades the first couple of weeks every year, so I may be able to make some moves.

OOPS... How did I miss this, I also have Julio Jones in a WR spot. I edited the original post!

Thanks again!
average_joe
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Roster Ratings