12-Team PPR (my big money league) 3rd overall, WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12-Team PPR (my big money league) 3rd overall, WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

12-Team PPR (my big money league) 3rd overall, WHIR

Postby mbry429 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:27 pm

QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Arian Foster
RB - Steven Jackson
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Hakeem Nicks
Flex - Eric Decker
TE - Fred Davis
D/ST - Arizona
K - Matt Bryant

Bench:
RB - CJ Spiller
WR - Kenny Britt
WR - Justin Blackmon
TE - Greg Olsen
RB - Evan Royster
RB - Jacquizz Rodgers
RB - Isaiah Pead

Had the 3rd overall pick and obviously Foster fell to me (Mccoy, Rice 1-2)..seriously contemplated taking Rodgers bc this league is 0.5 per QB completion (4 pts per throwing TD), but knew I could get value pick in Ryan as I am clearly high on ATL's offense this year..didn't get a backup QB yet and will most likely just pick up Russell Wilson, my only other semi-disappointment was taking Decker instead of Maclin in the draft but well see..please grade honestly and post a link to your team ;-D
12 Team PPR BIG $ LEAGUE
QB - Matt Ryan (J. Freeman)
RB - Arian Foster, Reggie Bush (Ballard, Starks, Bell)
WR - Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall (Nicks, Britt)
Flex - Eric Decker
TE - Jared Cook, (G. Olsen)
D/ST - MIA
K - S. Graham
mbry429
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12-Team PPR (my big money league) 3rd overall, WHIR

Postby blazed118 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:47 pm

This would be a very good draft for a 10 team league. It is an excellent draft for a 12 teamer. Excellent WR core. If Britt avoids suspension, look out. I like Decker this year much more than Maclin. With Manning behind the helm, I think he'll have a very steady year in Denver.

Weakest part of your team is at RB (and it really isn't weak). Spiller is a nice RB3 in a PPR because of his ability to line up at WR, and the Bills have shown that they like to do this.

Solid team.

Here's mine:
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=516215
blazed118
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Da'Markus Russell » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:12 pm

Excellent team. I especially like the Ryan and Nicks picks. One thing that has me concerned however is the lack of RB depth after S-Jax. I've never been high on Spiller and would suggest you somehow look for a more reliable option. Still, easily a playoff team barring injuries.

viewtopic.php?t=516587 Thanks.
Da'Markus Russell
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Postby LTisBest » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:28 pm

mbry429 wrote:QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Arian Foster
RB - Steven Jackson
WR - Julio Jones
WR - Hakeem Nicks
Flex - Eric Decker
TE - Fred Davis
D/ST - Arizona
K - Matt Bryant

Bench:
RB - CJ Spiller
WR - Kenny Britt
WR - Justin Blackmon
TE - Greg Olsen
RB - Evan Royster
RB - Jacquizz Rodgers
RB - Isaiah Pead

Had the 3rd overall pick and obviously Foster fell to me (Mccoy, Rice 1-2)..seriously contemplated taking Rodgers bc this league is 0.5 per QB completion (4 pts per throwing TD), but knew I could get value pick in Ryan as I am clearly high on ATL's offense this year..didn't get a backup QB yet and will most likely just pick up Russell Wilson, my only other semi-disappointment was taking Decker instead of Maclin in the draft but well see..please grade honestly and post a link to your team ;-D

Did you see Decker's last game? Him and Manning are just starting to get in sync and he's already showing he has to potential to be the Broncos bigggest offensive weapon (couple that with D Thomas likely going to be drawing most of the double teams)...and Decker is a solid pickup imho. Great draft overall imho. You might not have picked up Rodgers, but your starting RB's and WR's are going should give you plenty of points along the way....not to mention that Ryan's gonna do just fine for you with White-Jones-Gonzales and crew.
LTisBest
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby yaluoza » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:11 am

I agree with everyone else, excellent draft, enough said ;-D
Qb: RGIII, Pryor
Rb: Spiller, Charles, Bryce Brown, Fred Jax, D.Brown, Ogbonnaya
Wr: V-Jax, Boldin, D-jax, T.williams, Collie
Te: Olsen, Gronk
Def: chiefs
K: Bailey
yaluoza
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 62)

Postby Mizou » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:47 am

I'll chime in with much of the same. Good team, with decent depth. Pead and Jacquizz are good potential guys on the bench, and Britt should be a monster if he stays unsuspended/not hurt. I feel you on not getting Maclin (I have him on almost every one of my teams. He just falls to me at the right time), but Decker is definitely a good consolation. Heck, I'd be in heaven if I had both.

Will agree on the RB depth. I'd see if you can wrangle a guy like Redman, who's been falling out of favor, or (ugh) hope for Royster in Washington.

If it were 6pts a passing TD, it'd be a no brainer for Rodgers. As-is, I think you did a pretty good job.

Take a look at mine? viewtopic.php?t=516228
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby mbry429 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:53 pm

I guess my big question at this point is do I move someone like CJ Spiller (who I am kinda high on and could be subbing with Decker for my Flex being a PPR league) for Ben Tate bc of the handcuff insurance? IMO Fred Jackson is at much greater risk of getting injured again being 31 compared to Foster, but am I playing with fire here by not having Tate?

Also F-Jax owner wants Spiller bad but offered me a lackluster trade offer IMO - MY Julio Jones, CJ Spiller, Jacquizz Rodgers for HIS Adrian Peterson, Vincent Jackson

I told him I wanted AD but am having second thoughts about his return from such awful knee injuries..any ideas for counteroffers? Maybe sub Nicks for Jones? (I love Jones too much this year to part with him this early)

ALSO - thanks for all the help already people, I'm 99% positive I responded to all of your links but let me know if I missed one ;-D
12 Team PPR BIG $ LEAGUE
QB - Matt Ryan (J. Freeman)
RB - Arian Foster, Reggie Bush (Ballard, Starks, Bell)
WR - Julio Jones, Brandon Marshall (Nicks, Britt)
Flex - Eric Decker
TE - Jared Cook, (G. Olsen)
D/ST - MIA
K - S. Graham
mbry429
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby drtodddds » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:07 pm

You clearly like the Falcon's offense with Ryan and Bryant! And yes you're team looks very solid. But is Arizona's defense really the best there was available? That seems like you're glaring weakness.
Thanks for helping me with mine.
drtodddds
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LosAngelesChargers » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:39 pm

mbry429 wrote:I guess my big question at this point is do I move someone like CJ Spiller (who I am kinda high on and could be subbing with Decker for my Flex being a PPR league) for Ben Tate bc of the handcuff insurance? IMO Fred Jackson is at much greater risk of getting injured again being 31 compared to Foster, but am I playing with fire here by not having Tate?

Also F-Jax owner wants Spiller bad but offered me a lackluster trade offer IMO - MY Julio Jones, CJ Spiller, Jacquizz Rodgers for HIS Adrian Peterson, Vincent Jackson

I told him I wanted AD but am having second thoughts about his return from such awful knee injuries..any ideas for counteroffers? Maybe sub Nicks for Jones? (I love Jones too much this year to part with him this early)

ALSO - thanks for all the help already people, I'm 99% positive I responded to all of your links but let me know if I missed one ;-D

Stay away from that trade! You've got a dominant team in a 12 team league. Great draft.

EDIT: ALSO, I think you'll be happy with Decker.
I just hope my fantasy team is better than the Chargers this year.
LosAngelesChargers
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Diefer87 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:37 pm

Great team, I love Spiller as an RB3 I would sit on him. If(when) FJAX goes down Spiller becomes a top RB2/ low RB1 in PPR formats. Like one other said, your weak spot is definitely DEF, but with all your weapons at RB & WR, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Perhaps pick up a new Defense each week based on match-ups.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=516756
Diefer87
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 13)

Return to Roster Ratings