Playoff setting for 3 division league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Playoff setting for 3 division league

Moderator: Football Moderators

Playoff setting for 3 division league

Postby jchey » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:35 pm

Hey guys, first time poster here. I could use some feedback for playoff setting.

I have a 12 team, 3 Division league with 6 teams making it to the playoffs. Playoffs are week 14,15 and 16. Yahoo gives me three options to choose from, I believe the third option defeats the purpose of having divisions. which one would you recommend?

Division winners advance and are assigned top seeds: The winners of each division will advance to the playoffs as the top seeds and the overall top division winner will be the #1 seed. All other playoff teams will be determined by overall standings regardless of division results.
Division winners advance but are seeded according to overall standings: The winners of each division will advance to the playoffs and all other playoff teams will be determined by overall standings. Playoff seeds will be determined by overall standings regardless of division results.
All teams seeded according to overall standings: All playoff seeds will be determined by overall standings regardless of division results.
jchey
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Playoff setting for 3 division league

Postby WastelandENT » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:57 am

I use Yahoo also and have a 12 team 3 division league and I have it set to award division winners top seeds, I feel like it resembles real football that way.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Playoff setting for 3 division league

Postby jchey » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:16 pm

Thanks Wasteland
jchey
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 6)