Need Serious WR/TE Help!!! Please help and 100% WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need Serious WR/TE Help!!! Please help and 100% WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need Serious WR/TE Help!!! Please help and 100% WHIR!

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:02 am

Hey all.....just had my draft. I was pick #3 in a 12 Team H2H redraft (Non-Keeper) league with a 1 Pt PPR setting. We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 Def...

Now....I was shocked in getting Foster with the #3 grab but C.Johnson went 1st and R.Rice went 2nd.....anyways, I had made some draft pick trades during the draft and after it was all said and done I noticed that a ton of WR's were going and going fast leaving me with mediocre at best WR's.

I feel my RB's are great and should provide me with good depth as well as trade bait during the season. The question I have is do I need to rush into making a trade right away and if so then who should I trade and who should I target? I really don't want to trade away a RB so I have the depth and bait for later but will if I seriously have to. I was thinking of trying to trade Benson+WR (other than Harvin) for a Top WR and/or TE. (since I am lacking at T as well)....

Any help is appreciated and I WHIR if needed!! Txs! (on a side not there are a few teams with serious issues at RB...like having 2 only or having only 1 serviceable RB even)

My team is listed in the sign but will post here as well...txs again!

My Team:

M.Vick/M.Schaub
A.Foster/B.Tate/SJAX/M.Lynch/C.Benson
P.Harvin/T.Young/A.Boldin/M.Williams(Tam)/S.Moss
C.Fleener
A.Henery
NYG Def/DAL Def

Txs again everyone and please post yours if you need help!

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
Standard H2H 12 Team 1 Pt PPR, Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1TE, 1K, 1 DEF

M.Vick/M.Schaub
A.Foster/B.Tate/SJAX/M.Lynch/R.Turbin/C.Benson
C.Fleener
A.Henery
NYG Def
WhipperSnappers44
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 33)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need Serious WR/TE Help!!! Please help and 100% WHIR!

Postby huyster1 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:14 am

There are a couple things that can be fixed. First off, was Fleener really the best option at TE in a 12 team league or did you just really want him? You can probably do better with FAs. Also, you don't need 2 Def. You do need a better WR considering you don't have a #1 WR. I'd offer up Jackson or Benson plus any of your other WRs.
huyster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 73)

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:40 am

Actually and surprisingly TE's went quick and fast as well and most went with 2 TE's so Fleener was the best option at TE at the time and just for record there isn't any FA TE's or WR's worthy of a grab out on the WW at this time so a trade is the only thing possible....unless Alshon Jeffrey is worthy or H.Miller at TE....those are about the best on the WW in their respectable positions!

(on a side note I really wanted Blackmon and thought I would be able to get him in round 8 but he went in round 6!!! Just for a reference on how fast WR's and TE's went....lol)

Txs again....BTW...what type of WR could I target for Benson+Williams/Boldin/S.Moss???

Txs!

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
Standard H2H 12 Team 1 Pt PPR, Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1TE, 1K, 1 DEF

M.Vick/M.Schaub
A.Foster/B.Tate/SJAX/M.Lynch/R.Turbin/C.Benson
C.Fleener
A.Henery
NYG Def
WhipperSnappers44
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 33)

Postby huyster1 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:48 am

Drop a Def for the best WR you can find or wait till week 1 and hope it's not too late then. What kind of WRs do those teams that need RB have? Obviously you can't trade Foster, Lynch or Harvin. Anyone else is fair game.
huyster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 73)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions