possibly trading Kevin Smith - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

possibly trading Kevin Smith

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: possibly trading Kevin Smith

Postby annekoleka » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:11 pm

SameSongNDance wrote:
WastelandENT wrote:it is a 12 team auction league, yahoo standard scoring with two tweaks, 6 PT for QB TD and .5 PPR.

We have a few guys who didn't want Smith because of the pass first offense he is in and because they think once Leshoure is back Smith will lose his job. The guys who did want smith had lower WW positions than me. Also, I am not high on Ridley I would have left him on the WW.

There is no such thing as a competitive league where K.Smith, Ridley, Jstew and Ingram are on the WWs. With the RB pool as thin as it is this year that's literally unheard of. Those same players wouldn't hit WWs in a 10-teamer. I'm sorry but that's ludicrous.

Yea, I am in a 10 team league that has some novices and those guys are all gone.
annekoleka
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby WastelandENT » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:20 pm

Stewart got dropped after he went down the other day. and I don't value Ingram that highly with him sharing carries in a pass first offense. K. Smith is the only person I couldn't believe was on the WW.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby WastelandENT » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:55 pm

Ended up trading Kevin Smith and Stevie Johnson for Marques Colston and Donald Brown. I feel like I definitely won in this trade!!
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Shark1225 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:31 pm

This guy is not only a novice but also a time traveler, because he is playing this game from 5 years ago! How else do you explain him having 3 backs and 1 of them being Ronnie Brown?!? (I seriously didn't know he was still in the league)
QB: BREES, Cutler
RB: TURNER, MCGAHEE, R. JENNINGS, Leshoure, D. Williams, Hillman, Hunter, Dwyer
WR: CRUZ, GARCON, Amendola, Edwards, D. Baldwin
TE: GRAHAM
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 20)

Postby WastelandENT » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:32 pm

haha he is actually pretty good, he wasn't able to draft so he had a friend do it for him and clearly he chose the wrong friend. I ended up making the trade with someone else though.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SameSongNDance » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:43 pm

WastelandENT wrote:Ended up trading Kevin Smith and Stevie Johnson for Marques Colston and Donald Brown. I feel like I definitely won in this trade!!

Stevie vs. Colston is a tough one for me. They are both solid WR2s, capable of putting up 80/1000-1100/8 stat lines quite easily. Stevie plays on the less capable offense but is finally healthy (still posted 70/1000/7 injured last year) and I'm not quite sure we've seen his absolute ceiling yet. Colston has posted larger yardage totals before in less games played, but is almost a lock to miss time at some point during the season.. Colston also boasted the largest catch % of all WRs last year, something that I believe went under the radar. If Colston stays healthy for a full 16 though, I say he outscores Stevie but by a small margin.

Smith vs. Brown are essentially in the same boat for me. I would however, simply rather have Brown due to durability issues. If however, Smith could somehow stay healthy for a full 16 I believe he'd easily outscore Brown.

As you can tell though, I like the trade.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby WastelandENT » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:00 pm

I liked Colston over Stevie because of the way the Bills offense collapsed last season, but if they perform like they did at the beginning of last year for the whole year then I can see Stevie and Colston being very even. I agree that if Smith stays healthy he easily outscores Brown but with Smith's chance of injury and Leshoure coming back after week 2 I feel like Brown is going to be more secure in his starting role. Thanks for the input everyone!!
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby huyster1 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:10 pm

Doesn't sound so competitive considering someone drafted Ronnie Brown and Dustin Keller as a 2nd TE before Ridley.

Smith is a china doll so it was good to get rid of him. Colston is an upgrade over Johnson and Donald Brown was basically a freebie.
huyster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 73)

Postby WastelandENT » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:19 pm

huyster1 wrote:Doesn't sound so competitive considering someone drafted Ronnie Brown and Dustin Keller as a 2nd TE before Ridley.

Smith is a china doll so it was good to get rid of him. Colston is an upgrade over Johnson and Donald Brown was basically a freebie.

Yeah that person had his friend draft for him, his friend was an idiot, he is very capable of turning that around though. We have been doing this league for four straight years now with a different winner each time, I personally have come in 2nd twice, 3rd once, and 4th once. I don't claim to be a fantasy "expert" but I feel like I know what I'm doing. The league has always been fun and has had people who can play fantasy football, it's not as competitive as the money league I play in that has been around for 20+ years but it isn't a bunch of rookies either.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions