Which FA will have the biggest impact? 1k league...WHIR!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Which FA will have the biggest impact? 1k league...WHIR!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Which FA will have the biggest impact? 1k league...WHIR!!

Postby Skinny » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:00 am

Hey everyone! Just drafted. I like my squad but there are a lot of good FA's available and im just lookin for some advice and some of your expertise opinions as to if any of these available Free Agents can be of service to me. Standard scoring 12 team league. No PPR 6pts/TD... 1pts/10yd...Id love to get a bunch of different opinions and suggestions from everyone out there. From reading these forumns there is a lot of you with some great opinions and knowledge of fantasy football. Any and all suggestions will be extremely appreciated and as always I WHIR. Its a $1,000 each league so im looking to win this thing, just looking for some input from someone other than myself and Matthew Berry lol
Heres my squad..
QB - Cutler
WR - Megatron
WR- B.Lloyd
RB - R.Matthews
RB. D.Martin
TE - Gronk
WR/RB - Maclin
K - Hartley
DEF - Green Bay
Bench - RGIII
Bench - P.Hillis
Bench - E.Royster
Bench - A.Morris
Bench - S.Rice
Bench - M.Tolbert

And here is the list of available FA's that I have my eye on...
A.Collie
E.Royal
M.Manningham
S.Smith (STL)
Jerome Simpson
Alex Green
Bilal Powell
S. Vereen
Laurent Robinson
Bernard Scott
J. Gordon
D. Hester
B. Jacobs
L. James
D. McCluster
Hankerson
Bernard Pierce
Knowshon Moreno

If you guys had this team, would you make any moves or any transactions that you feel would better your team. All opinions and suggestions will be extremely apprecited. Please leave a link and I will gladly give my .02 cents to try to help ya'll out. Thanks
Skinny
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which FA will have the biggest impact? 1k league...WHIR!

Postby Stevooo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:43 am

I like your team alot, Matthews in the 3rd will be a steal come playoff time. Anyways back to the question, I would keep an eye on Simpson after his three game suspension, he has talent and Percy will draw more coverage, only question is can Ponder get him the rock down the field. I would watch the WAS RB situation, though it probably wont get much clearer by week2, and if there is a lead horse that comes out of that backfield possibly drop one of the WAS RBs you have for Simpson. I dont think you NEED to pick up anyone but I wouldnt want to be banking on Sidney Rice for bye week fill-ins if it comes to need him one or two weeks.
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Which FA will have the biggest impact? 1k league...WHIR!

Postby hopsjr2 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:49 am

I wouldnt make a move at this point. I think you have a strong team, though you may be looking to upgrade at QB before too long.

Of the FAs that you mention, I like Royal a little bit because the other Chargers WR are deep threat type of gusy. Rivers could dump the ball down to him a good bit. But it certainly isn't a must.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=516645
hopsjr2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions