How can I get Robert Turbin? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

How can I get Robert Turbin?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How can I get Robert Turbin?

Postby pacoweaz » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:15 pm

Who would you give up to get him? PPR dynasty league, start 2 QB's (up to 3), 2 kickers, 2 d/ST. Here's my roster...

QB - Roethlisberger, Bradford, Gabbert, Hoyer
RB - Lynch, Stewart, Donald Brown, Ridley, Dion Lewis, Dwyer, B. Powell, Best (IR, but still moveable)
WR - Megatron, Nicks, J. Baldwin, R. Randle, K. Wright, J. Simpson, Hartline, Braylon Edwards
TE - A. Hernandez, Moeaki, Zach Miller
K - Janikowski, Gostkowski, Scobee
DST - Vikings, Eagles

He's expressed interested in RB's and Kickers. I'd like Turbin to handcuff Lynch (or other way around).
pacoweaz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: How can I get Robert Turbin?

Postby yetiboy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:50 pm

2 kickers and 2 D? That's just awful.

I'd dump Hartline. Initially I was going to suggest Braylon, but I think he may have a chance to have a decent comeback season. Hartline is in Miami - nothing else really needs to be said.

yeti
yetiboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 13)

Postby colveraki » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:46 am

drop one of your kickers. you can always come up with a by week replacement.
colveraki
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby yetiboy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:18 am

I was going to suggest kickers as well, but I assumed that wasn't an option since the OP didn't mention it. My guess is the league is large enough that there are no waiver wire kickers (ie. 2 have to play, need 3 to cover bye weeks). Defenses fall under the same recommendation, but again I'm assuming that can't be done. If my assumption is wrong then obviously the kicker is the way to go.

yeti
yetiboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby pacoweaz » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:15 am

Yeah, the 2 kicker, 2 defense thing sucks. I didn't want it, but I lost. Some teams are just sticking with 2, some didn't care and are going without. I'm ok, missing a week or 2, as most others will have to do the same.

I tried to offer Scobee and Best, but he didn't take that obviously.

What about moving Donald Brown or Stevan Ridley? He's interested in one of those guys, and maybe Simpson. I might be able to sell him on Hartline instead. But probably going to have to include one of my RB's other than Best.

We drafted WAY too early. I hate this team.
pacoweaz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby yetiboy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:41 am

Ah, missed that all important last sentence that this was a trade, not a waiver wire pickup. Honestly, I'd ask him what kicker he wants - let him take whoever, it really doesn't matter, kickers are kickers. As for running back, it's kind of a tough call - any of Lewis, Dwyer or Powell could end up being useful or not, just like Turbin. Put it this way - McCoy isn't going anywhere for a while unless he gets injured, Mendenhall and Redman are really a crapshoot since we have no idea what Mendy's health is and Redman doesn't appear to be much of a replacement, and everybody hates Greene except for the Jets who are the only ones who matter. Of the three I'd say Lewis is the least likely to get a significant job (although I don't know if you count KR in your league). Really depends on how much you want him, but I'd be giving up (in this order) Lewis, Dwyer and Powell.

The other option is to trade HIM Lynch with a kicker to go with his Turbin and see if you can get a decent RB back.

yeti
yetiboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby pacoweaz » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:09 pm

Ok, he seems to really want Donald Brown or Steven Ridley, but agrees that Turbin straight up is bad value for me. Here is his roster... If I were to offer him Lynch, what should I ask for in return? Maybe Jackson and Spiller? I'm about ready to give up on making a deal.

Luck
Dalton
Cassel
Foles

Jackson
Spiller
K. Smith
Leshoure
Turbin
Reggie Bush
Alfred Morris

Lafell
Demaryius Thomas
Collie
James Jones
Hankerson
Harry Douglas

Fleener
Jared Cook
Dwayne Allen
Dennis Pitta
pacoweaz
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby yetiboy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:31 pm

I'm iffy on Beast mode - loved him as a Bill (looking at his jersey right now actually, it's going on for my fantasy draft this evening), but I don't think he's a good enough RB to merit is current ADP. If you can trade Lynch and a kicker for Jackson and Spiller, do it in a heartbeat. I doubt he'll take that though.

yeti
yetiboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby colveraki » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:43 pm

also might be easier to pull off a trade after a couple of weeks into the season, see how players shake out. I dont typically like to do trades this early into the NFL season.
colveraki
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions