OT: Autodraft Questions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

OT: Autodraft Questions

Moderator: Football Moderators

OT: Autodraft Questions

Postby Mullethead » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:17 pm

Sadly, two of my three live drafts this year fall on nights I am working, so Autodraft it is.

Two questions:

In a standard Yahoo league, is there a way to set "auto draft on" so the computer makes a choice instantly, versus the rest of the league waiting the full 90 seconds to wind down for my pick to be made?

And, is there any real advantage to pre-ranking players versus the standard Yahoo rankings? Meaning, has anyone found that the Yahoo standard rankings really suck or are they just as good a guess as pre-ranking teams?

Thanks in advance.
Mullethead
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: OT: Autodraft Questions

Postby srlarson » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:32 pm

sorry if you are going to do, just quit playing Fantasy football......crafting your team is what it's all about, and the draft is the best part of the season, that and cashing the check.....so do us all a favor and please retire!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Mullethead » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:41 pm

well this was about the most worthless reply I have ever gotten on these forums. You have no clue what you are talking about, so if you don't have anything to add to the topic, don't waste our time here.
Mullethead
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby erdmanski1341 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:54 pm

Mullethead wrote:well this was about the most worthless reply I have ever gotten on these forums. You have no clue what you are talking about, so if you don't have anything to add to the topic, don't waste our time here.

i'll agree with that. don't know what kind of response that was.

1) After missing your pick, Yahoo will put you on autodraft automatically, so nothing to worry about

2)Yahoo's rankings are pretty crappy if you ask me. I would at least go through it and drop some of the guys that are suspended/PUP/injured, which Yahoo typically doesn't do in a timely fashion. I usually put some players on the exclude list and move some players up that I would typically reach for, in case my internet goes crazy at draft time, so that's the route I would go. Autodrafting is a crap-shoot, but you can at least make sure you don't draft TO or Ochocinco by excluding them.
erdmanski1341
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions