Need help on dynasty league trade WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need help on dynasty league trade WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need help on dynasty league trade WHIR

Postby erdmanski1341 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:23 pm

I'm in a 10-team dynasty league. Our league is standard scoring except QB's get 6 points/TD and its .5 points per reception. Here's who I have:

QB Aaron Rodgers
WR Wes Welker
WR AJ Green
WR Reggie Wayne
RB LeSean McCoy
RB Matt Forte
TE Rob Gronkowski
W/R Steven Jackson

BN Greg Little
BN Jon Baldwin
BN Montario Hardesty
BN Mark Ingram
BN Brandon Pettigrew

I was shopping Welker around and got a few bites, so here are my options:

1) Welker for Jamaal Charles straight up
2) Welker for BenJarvus Green-Ellis and a second round pick (equivalent to 10-12th round)
3) Welker for 1st round pick in our draft

The best players in the draft are mainly rookies - Trent, Doug Martin, Blackmon, RG3, Luck and then guys like Donald Brown, Ryan Williams, and so on. I have some young WR's and am probably going to take Alshon Jeffery, but what should I do with Welker? I want to trade him because of his age and possibly leaving NE next year. I like Charles, but his knee injury concerns me and I am solid at RB.

What deal should I take?
erdmanski1341
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need help on dynasty league trade WHIR

Postby srlarson » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:30 pm

Welker is a PPR beast....I don't see adequate production on your roster to replace him...so my first reaction is keep him.....

Other options:
1.) Not a Charles fan but would give you Depth there.
2.) no....not even close
3.) if it was an early pick......would look at Richardson/Martin/Luck/Blackmon/Wright

I think I would start the year with him...worst case trade midseason.....to see how things shake out....
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Re: Need help on dynasty league trade WHIR

Postby erdmanski1341 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:34 pm

srlarson wrote:Welker is a PPR beast....I don't see adequate production on your roster to replace him...so my first reaction is keep him.....

Other options:
1.) Not a Charles fan but would give you Depth there.
2.) no....not even close
3.) if it was an early pick......would look at Richardson/Martin/Luck/Blackmon/Wright

I think I would start the year with him...worst case trade midseason.....to see how things shake out....

i should have clarified, he has the #4 pick and I know Richardson is going #1 and I would think Martin would go #2. So I would probably be looking at Blackmon or Luck/RG3

I know Welker is a PPR beast, but I think he is going to start showing a big decline with Lloyd there and Gronk and Hernandez getting lots of looks. Plus if he leaves NE next year his value would diminish greatly. I just would like to trade him while I can.
erdmanski1341
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions