Pick up Hillis for insurance on Charles? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Pick up Hillis for insurance on Charles?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pick up Hillis for insurance on Charles?

Postby FantasyChick13 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:24 pm

I really feel like picking up Hillis would be a good move for my team, but I don't see anyone that is easy to cut. Here is what I have:

RB’s:
1) Marshawn Lynch
2) Jamaal Charles
3) Matt Forte
4) Willis McGahee
5) BenJarvus Green-Ellis
WR’s:
1) Roddy White
2) Marques Colston
3) Steve Johnson
4) Pierre Garcon
5) Titus Young
6) Reggie Wayne

This is only an 8 person league, so I have exceptional depth at each position. Do you think I should drop/add Peyton? Where should I put him in?
FantasyChick13
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pick up Hillis for insurance on Charles?

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:28 pm

I do not see a player to cut for Hillis. You have nice depth at WR and no running back to cut. I would not worry to much because I think Charles will have a top 5 season.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby FantasyChick13 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:15 pm

Alright, good to hear. I was thinking the same thing. I thought everyone I had was better than Hillis. I will sit Charles the first week to get a handle on how things will be ran in KC this year.
FantasyChick13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dexter II » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:57 pm

I'm not saying you make the move just because but I'd consider dropping Green-Ellis for Hillis. Unless you are very high on Green-Ellis and plan to start him on a regular basis I think Hillis provides more upside. For starters he's only one year removed from a pretty strong year and is with the same offensive coordinator on a what is projected to be a run heavy team with a decent o-line. And then there's the Charles insurance which is a bonus. In this situation I'd rather have Hillis than Green Ellis.
Fatalism Helps with the Jump but not the Fall
Dexter II
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Web SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyChick13 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:52 am

Dexter II wrote:I'm not saying you make the move just because but I'd consider dropping Green-Ellis for Hillis. Unless you are very high on Green-Ellis and plan to start him on a regular basis I think Hillis provides more upside. For starters he's only one year removed from a pretty strong year and is with the same offensive coordinator on a what is projected to be a run heavy team with a decent o-line. And then there's the Charles insurance which is a bonus. In this situation I'd rather have Hillis than Green Ellis.

I agree with this, but it is hard for me to let Benjarvus go. I am going to gamble and see what Hillis does in week one.
FantasyChick13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions