Trading Smith for Johnson? WR help! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trading Smith for Johnson? WR help!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trading Smith for Johnson? WR help!

Postby jeloman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:18 pm

I want to make a trade for a #1 WR since I screwed up in my draft and didn't draft a WR til the 5th round. I've started talks with another manager about trading for either Andre Johnson or Jordy Nelson. He's willing to part with Johnson but seems less likely to part with Nelson unless its for the right price. He wants Torrey Smith as the centerpiece of the trade.

Standard League. 1QB 3WR 2 RB 1TE 1K 1DEF

My Team:
Cam Newton QB
Jay Cutler QB
Chris Johnson RB
Trent Richardson RB
Darren Sproles RB
Stevan Ridley RB
Ryan Williams RB
Jeremy Maclin WR
Dez Bryan WR
Nate Washington WR
Jimmy Graham TE
Jacob Tamme TE
Stephen Gostkowski K
Philadelphia DEF
Torrey Smith WR

His team:
Matt Ryan QB
Matt Schuab QB
Darren McFadden RB
MJD RB
David Wilson RB
Donald Brown RB
Jordy Nelson WR
Andre Johnson WR
Antonio Brown WR
Titus Young WR
Tony Gonzales TE
Greg Olsen TE
John Kasay K (He's planning on picking up a kicker off FA)
Green Bay DEF
Pittsburgh DEF

I'm really high on Matt Ryan right now so I was planning a trade of Cam Newton+Torrey Smith for Andre Johnson+Matt Ryan. Is this deal fair for both parties. Should I interchange Andre Johnson for Jordy Nelson to make it fair for me? Or should I do a completely different trade?

P.S. He also offered a trade where I give Chris Johnson+Torrey Smith for Andre Johnson+Another one of his players.
jeloman
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trading Smith for Johnson? WR help!

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:37 pm

Welcome to the Cafe ;-D
I would not target Andre Johnson. I think there is too much injury risk with him, and the Texans are a run first team. I would rather target guys like Britt, Bowe, Decker, and Brown. I think all of these players will be great values this season and will not cost you as much.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby jeloman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Do you think I could package any of my players for Nelson? Or do you think Nelson will regress this year? And is Antonio Brown worth a look even though Mike Wallace reported to training camp today?
jeloman
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jeloman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:07 pm

Was wondering if I could get a little more help with this?
Thanks!
jeloman
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:12 pm

jeloman wrote:Do you think I could package any of my players for Nelson? Or do you think Nelson will regress this year? And is Antonio Brown worth a look even though Mike Wallace reported to training camp today?

I would not target Nelson. I do not see him reaching 15 touchdowns this season. Green Bay has plenty of weapons to take away targets as well. I think Brown is worth a look even though Wallace reported today. He only scored two receiving touchdowns last season and still finished in the top 25 in scoring. I think Wallace will help Brown in a way because teams will not double cover Brown as much.
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jeloman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:22 pm

But, no offence to the Steelers (I'm assuming you're a fan), but Big Ben is not the same as before. He's still having issues with that ankle and it seems like he's on the decline. I feel like I can be more confident in Joe Flacco throwing long bombs to Smith than I can about Big Ben throwing to Brown. Am I wrong to think this?
jeloman
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:29 pm

jeloman wrote:But, no offence to the Steelers (I'm assuming you're a fan), but Big Ben is not the same as before. He's still having issues with that ankle and it seems like he's on the decline. I feel like I can be more confident in Joe Flacco throwing long bombs to Smith than I can about Big Ben throwing to Brown. Am I wrong to think this?

I do not think so. I remember a couple times when Baltimore played New England Flacco over threw Smith tough. I think that Smith will be a bit inconsistent this season because Flacco is his QB. I view him as a high end WR3 with upside. I view Brown as a low end RB2 with smaller upside but a higher floor.
11stever11

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions