Rate my team and I'll do my best to rate yours! =) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate my team and I'll do my best to rate yours! =)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate my team and I'll do my best to rate yours! =)

Postby jeloman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:35 pm

Standard League. 1QB 3WR 2 RB 1TE 1K 1DEF

My Team:
Cam Newton QB
Jay Cutler QB
Chris Johnson RB
Trent Richardson RB
Darren Sproles RB
Stevan Ridley RB
Ryan Williams RB
Jeremy Maclin WR
Dez Bryant WR
Torrey Smith WR
Nate Washington WR
Jimmy Graham TE
Jacob Tamme TE
Stephen Gostkowski K
Philadelphia DEF

I know my WR corp is pretty weak. I chose 10th in a 10 team league and picked Chris Johnson, Jimmy Graham, Trent Richardson, and Cam Newton in that order. Then I realized I had no WR and picked Maclin and Bryant with my next two picks.
Be honest and drop a link to your team and I'll rate it with the best of my ability!

Cheers.
jeloman
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my team and I'll do my best to rate yours! =)

Postby LosAngelesChargers » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:09 pm

I love what you did with the first 4 picks, getting Graham and CJ2K and still landing Newton puts you in really good shape at three important positions. Sproles is obviously more potent in a PPR league, but still a strong RB2 for you here. Ridley, Richardson and Williams are all "wait and see's", but you really only need one of them to pan out. I actually still have some faith in Dez, and think Torrey Smith should be productive. You just need your WR's to keep up with your opponents, not necessarily dominate, because you will often have the advantage elsewhere.

If Tamme ends up doing what everyone thinks he can in Denver, you might be able to move him + either Ridley or Richardson for a big upgrade at WR.

Thanks again for your help with my team.
I just hope my fantasy team is better than the Chargers this year.
LosAngelesChargers
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Conrax » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:40 pm

About middle of the road some good elements, some questionable.

Basically after Chris Johnson and Dez Bryant your RBs and WRs raise concerns. I am not sure how Trent Richardson will pan out because he has had 2 knee surgerys in the past 6 months, and Ryan Williams is coming off a major injury he suffered last year. I still go with never trust a Patriot RB because that team is notrious for a running back committee.

Your WRs Torrey Smith has been flying up draft boards because of him being more of deep threat but it still depends on Flacco's consistency. Nate Washington will be the guy since Britt will be out for a couple of games so you may get some production early on from him.

You TEs are fine particuarly since you will rely on Graham. If Tamme can revert back two years ago when him and Peyton connected he could be good, but so far in the preaseason he has not caught many passes.

If Cam can reproduce numbers or improve on his numbers from last season you should be set there, and if not Cutler with new weapons and new offensive coordinator may help Cutler produce better.

You may want to watch the waviers and see who is producing and you may want to take a flyer on one.
Conrax
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lucky7 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:40 pm

jeloman wrote:Standard League. 1QB 3WR 2 RB 1TE 1K 1DEF

My Team:
Cam Newton QB
Jay Cutler QB
Chris Johnson RB
Trent Richardson RB
Darren Sproles RB
Stevan Ridley RB
Ryan Williams RB
Jeremy Maclin WR
Dez Bryant WR
Torrey Smith WR
Nate Washington WR
Jimmy Graham TE
Jacob Tamme TE
Stephen Gostkowski K
Philadelphia DEF

Very nice job. Love Cam. RBs are where there are more questions. Cj2k could be huge, but that's what we said last year and that didn't pan out. I picked him myself so I'm hoping for big things. Don't love sproles in nonppr. Love Ridley. Trent and Ryan are good upside pix. I like your wrs. Dez looks to be huge and with the new uptempo off in Baltimore, smith looks very nice. Graham is a monster. Don't love the sproles/graham combo. B/B+.
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Game » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:57 pm

I love the fact you got Cam in the 4th round great job there. I think Chris Johnson will bounce back this year and with so many suspect rb's out there he was a solid pick at that spot. Not sold on Richardson yet just don't trust his health but you have nice rb depth and someone like Sproles or maybe even Ridley can end up being your rb2 if Richardson doesn't pan out.

I like your wide receivers I think Bryant is very underrated this year maybe it's because he's a knucklehead but Tony Romo has no one else to throw the ball too right now (Austin always hurt, Witten hurt) and Bryant has stud like talent. Torrey Smith is a wr3 with wr2 upside and Maclin is an underrated wr going later than he should. I expect him to have a nice year this year in a dangerous Philly offense he's definitley a more complete wr than Jackson. I would trade Tamme if he pans out, right now he's eating up a roster spot on your teams since you have Graham.

Overall:B/B+
Game
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby Broham » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:09 am

Dez Bryant at the 5/6 turn is an absolute steal. **Cowboys homer warning**

Nonetheless, I think you have an excellent team. Cam Newton in 4 is a great value as well. Excellent job!
Broham
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 90)

Postby colveraki » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:29 am

bryant and Maclin have mad skills. Smith has upside this year too. Your WR should be fine. very solid team. You should be able to make the playoffs with that starting lineup. I would still though be very active on waivers to find some WR depth, as there is not very much wiggle room if anyone in your WR corps gets hurt.
colveraki
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby WastelandENT » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:16 am

Thanks for looking at mine!

QB: B- I like Cam but I am not sure if he can repeat what he did last year, if he does then you have a great QB. I also am high on Cutler this year because he is back together with Marshall and Jeffery is looking like he will be a good rookie WR.

RB: C+ I like CJ but I don't know if he will be back to hi past form after last years debacle, I think Sproles will be a valuable RB3 this year even a good RB2 in PPR leagues. Ridley and Williams have a chance to be good low end RB2 material if they get opportunities but if they don't then you have a few guys who aren't going to contribute much. Of the two I like Ridley a little bit more because he is in the better offense and is going to be the starter, Williams hasn't been named the starter yet and is in an offense that will be playing from behind and passing a lot. Richardson could end up being great, but I just don't like taking the risk with rookie RB's

WR: B+ I think you did well here. I like Maclin if Vick stays healthy and Bryant has top 10 WR talent. Smith is a guy I try to get in ,most of my leagues I like his value and his talent. Washington has actually been one of my sleeper picks this year, he had a good year last year and should have no problem repeating that which would make him good WR3 material.

TE: A+ I think Graham will be the best TE in the league this year, beating Gronk out for that title. Tamme is a guy with upside that can help you later in the season, if he has a big year he will be great trade bait.

D/ST: A Philadelphia has a solid D and they should be one of the better D/ST in the league, I have them listed about 4 or 5 on the D/ST board.

K: A Gostkowski is a good kicker but kickers don't really matter unless the put up a 0 which he shouldn't.

Overall: B- I like your team but I personally would look to upgrade at RB, try to find a solid RB just as insurance for CJ and Richardson.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby PatchAdams » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:30 am

Your Qb's both could have a huge year... or a Dud.... soph. slump is the only thing that scares me about Cam..

Your Rbs are pretty damn good the first 3 of them.. they seem as if all will get the most touches this year.. Granted Sproles will get catches also..

Your WR... are so so.. but could very easily blow up also..

Your TE.. stacked.. both will get tons of looks and touches..

Pretty solid over all.. just pray to the football gods your WR stay healthy/dont get in trouble.. mainly Dez.

here is my link.. tell me what you think...
viewtopic.php?t=516839
PatchAdams
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby bounce » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:49 pm

Thanks for the help. Sorry it took so long to reply.

Pretty much what has been said. Love your RBs. Feel pretty good at QB, and I'd be nervous as hell at WR. Not that they're weak, just that you have NO idea. I'd like a more sure thing at one of the positions. I'm leaning towards them being good (mainly cause I have Dez, and I'm wishing with you).

I think you'll be pretty good, though.
bounce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Roster Ratings