Rate my 12 team, not totally sure how I feel about it - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate my 12 team, not totally sure how I feel about it

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate my 12 team, not totally sure how I feel about it

Postby LosAngelesChargers » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:53 pm

12 Team PPR
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

QB: Newton, Luck
RB: Rice, Sproles, R. Bush
WR: S. Smith (Car), Manningham, Little, M. Williams (TB), Wright, Randle
TE: Gates, Pettigrew
K: Bironas
D/ST: Seahawks

Thanks for any input. Obviously need help at WR, any suggestions on who to move? Did I bank too much on Newton?

Please post link to yours and I'll gladly chime in.
I just hope my fantasy team is better than the Chargers this year.
LosAngelesChargers
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my 12 team, not totally sure how I feel about it

Postby jeloman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Like you said, I'm really not liking your WR corp. Manningham is defintaely not going to do as much as last year on my Niners team. (GO NINERS!) Steve Smith should do better as teams will defend against the run a lot more when playing against Cam Newton. He should be able to throw more and thus Smith improving a bit. I like using Luck as trade bait if someone's starting QB goes down. I like Randle and Wright as potential sleepers. I like your RB but I don't like Reggie Bush as the back-up. I've always thought low of him and this year is no exception. I'm not really good when it comes to kickers so I can't comment on that. Seattle's defense should be decent as they play 6 games in the NFC west where the defense is questionable.
All in all, improve your WR and maybe get a better RB3 and you should be in good shape!

Rate mine please?
viewtopic.php?t=516733
jeloman
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby WastelandENT » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:12 pm

jeloman wrote:Like you said, I'm really not liking your WR corp. Manningham is defintaely not going to do as much as last year on my Niners team. (GO NINERS!) Steve Smith should do better as teams will defend against the run a lot more when playing against Cam Newton. He should be able to throw more and thus Smith improving a bit. I like using Luck as trade bait if someone's starting QB goes down. I like Randle and Wright as potential sleepers. I like your RB but I don't like Reggie Bush as the back-up. I've always thought low of him and this year is no exception. I'm not really good when it comes to kickers so I can't comment on that. Seattle's defense should be decent as they play 6 games in the NFC west where the defense is questionable.
All in all, improve your WR and maybe get a better RB3 and you should be in good shape!

Rate mine please?
viewtopic.php?t=516733

Curious to find out why you are low on Reggie? I personally think he is a good RB2 option, especially in a PPR league

Anyways, I think you have a team that can compete if Cam has the year he had last year. But I also feel very uncertain about your WR's and I think you should look to improve them if you can.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby LosAngelesChargers » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:19 pm

I've pretty much got my season riding on Newton doing at least something near what he did last year. I also am pretty fond of Bush as RB3 in a PPR, but certainly am aware it's no sure thing.

As far as addressing that motley crew of WR's, I was thinking about trying to move Gates + one other player for Roddy White. White's owner is basically playing WW TE's, so I think I can swing it. Any thoughts on that trade? Think I could get away with Gates straight up for Roddy? If not, who should I throw in?

Thank you both for your replies.
LosAngelesChargers
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Diefer87 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:20 pm

I'm in the same boat, I dislike your WR's. Personally I like Bush, I had him in my non-PPR league last year and he filled in great as my RB2. I would try moving Newton if I were you, perhaps you can get a '2nd Tier' QB like Ryan/Manning/Romo plus a top 20ish WR. Running QBs make me nervous plus there's always the 'Sophomore Slump', so I would sell while the stock value is high.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=516756
Diefer87
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 13)

Postby WastelandENT » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:24 pm

I would say to try and move Gates + a WR ( not Smith ) but unless it is someone who is really hurting for a TE and has enough WR to fill the gap of losing Roddy then I am not sure if they would accept that trade, it's worth a try though.
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby LosAngelesChargers » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:30 pm

WastelandENT wrote:I would say to try and move Gates + a WR ( not Smith ) but unless it is someone who is really hurting for a TE and has enough WR to fill the gap of losing Roddy then I am not sure if they would accept that trade, it's worth a try though.

He's got Randolph at TE. He's got Andre Johnson & Roddy White at WR. He doesn't have much depth behind, so he probably won't go for it. Honestly I'm not trying to rob anyone either, I guess I'll have to go over the teams and see if I can deal with anyone.
LosAngelesChargers
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby LosAngelesChargers » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:34 pm

One more question, then I'll stop hijacking ya'lls time:

How about Gates & R. Bush for Roddy White. Gerhart is his RB2 right now, so it would be an improvement for him. Am I giving up too much there? At least in that case my weakness is at the flex spot, which is ostensibly easier to fill.
LosAngelesChargers
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jeloman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:37 pm

I actually did not see that this was a PPR league which definately changes things regarding Reggie Bush. The reason I might be low on him could be because I haven't seen too much of him since New Orleans where he did not do well. I haven't been able to see what his stats were while he's been in Miami. I definitely like Bush as a low end RB2 in a PPR league though.
jeloman
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby LosAngelesChargers » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:40 pm

jeloman wrote:I actually did not see that this was a PPR league which definately changes things regarding Reggie Bush. The reason I might be low on him could be because I haven't seen too much of him since New Orleans where he did not do well. I haven't been able to see what his stats were while he's been in Miami. I definitely like Bush as a low end RB2 in a PPR league though.

Agreed, PPR is crucial to his value. They just lost their star offensive lineman though, so that hurts me.
LosAngelesChargers
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Roster Ratings