10 Team PPR - 1st pick - WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10 Team PPR - 1st pick - WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 Team PPR - 1st pick - WHIR 100%

Postby bounce » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:52 pm

I had the #1 pick in a money league. 10 Team, standard scoring (6pt PATD), short bench league.

1.1 - Arian Foster
2.10 - Julio Jones
3.1 - DeMarco Murray
4.10 - Fred Jackson
5.1 - Dez Bryant
6.10 - Tony Romo
7.1 - Demaryius Thomas
8.10 - Reggie Wayne
9.1 - Phillip Rivers
10.10 - Stevan Ridley
11.1 - Tony Gonzalez

Lineup:
Q - Romo
R - Foster, Murray
W - Julio, Dez
T - Gonzo
W/R - F. Jackson

Bench - Rivers, Wayne, D. Thomas, Ridley

My first thoughts, not CRAZY about my WRs. Had Hakeem Nicks queued up where I got Dez, but he went right before it. Love my RBs, though. And good depth at QB. Not the favorite team I've ever drafted, but I think solid enough.

Leave a link! Thanks!
bounce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10 Team PPR - 1st pick - WHIR 100%

Postby Delhomme17 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:43 pm

Thanks for taking a look at mine.

I pretty much agree with your assessment. QB's and RB's are very good. Having two gunslingers is great with 6 pts/passing TD. WR's...meh. Jones is great, but Dez scares me a bit. He's a talent for sure, but he's also injury-prone and totally insane. Wondering who else may have been on the board there at 5.1. I'm not too high on Thomas; I think Decker will be the man in Denver. Wayne is a good value pick, IMO (full disclosure: I drafted him). Will be a safety blanket of sorts for Luck and could produce high-WR2 numbers. Gonzalez is solid, but not amazing. As Jones gets more targets and Jaquizz plays more snaps, I think Gonzo's touches decrease. That said, for where you drafted him I think he's a great choice.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 511)

Postby jeloman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:48 pm

What has already been said basically. Two very good RB's for you. Tony Romo's a decent QB1 and you've got good depth behind him with Rivers. The WR's aren't bad. Julio Jones will be awesome this year and hopefully Dez will be great too (I drafted him too). I don't like Gonzales that much however. He's old and he doesn't have that much upside compared to other TE like Gresham or Pettigrew. That being said, he's a decent TE but you just can't expect him to score a lot of points per game. Good lineup!

Rate mine please?
viewtopic.php?t=516733
jeloman
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Game » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:13 pm

You're stacked at rb no questions there. I actually love your wr's I think Jones will be a stud this year and if Bryant can stay healthy and keep his head in the game there's no reason he won't put up big numbers. Especially when you consider Austin is going to be hurt throughout the season and Jason Witten is now dealing with a lacerated spleen. Thomas and Wayne are very solid backups and would be starters in deeper leagues. Although I think Thomas has more value in standard leagues.

I'm not as big on your qb's the cowboys offensive line is not good at all and two of Romo's biggest weapons are banged up. He's not a bad option I just don't think he's that great. Rivers is a solid backup and you can rotate him with Romo but like Romo he really doesn't have that many weapons. Outside of Gates who is he going to throw the ball too with injuries to so many of their wideouts.

Overall:B+/A-

I think you have a really solid team some question marks at qb but they should be good enough considering your talent at your other positions.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=516774
Game
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Return to Roster Ratings