How to maximize value for Jennings? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

How to maximize value for Jennings?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How to maximize value for Jennings?

Postby BearsFan65 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:18 pm

Another season upon us, good to be back! So getting right to it - 12 team PPR, start QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, DST, K. My roster:

QB - Stafford
RB - McCoy, Sproles, R Jennings, J Rodgers, D Wilson
WR - Harvin, Dez, R Wayne, L Moore
TE - F Davis
DST - Seattle
K - Hanson

With MJD's holdout continuing, and no one knowing when it will end, all anyone knows right now is Rashad Jennings will probably start and get most of the touches Week 1, probably Week 2 as well. MJD's owner in my league did a horrible job with depth, and has only MJD, Trent Richardson, and Kevin Smith as rostered running backs. I see a chance to make some profit on a deal here, but I don't want to do anything too soon. Jennings' value can only keep going up as long as MJD stays out. Meantime, Sproles has a little bit of an ankle problem, but they say if it were regular season he'd have played last week. Guessing he'll be ok for the opener, but Jennings is a nice insurance policy in case.

1. Do I look to make a deal now, or wait a week to see what happens?

2. If I did make a deal now....I'm considering offering Jennings and Wayne for Demaryius Thomas and Kendall Wright. I'd maintain RB depth with Rodgers and Wilson, and improve at WR (I believe), plus add Wright's upside. Is this a reasonable deal that still works in my favor? I don't think I can get away with Jennings for Thomas straight up.

MJD owner's roster:

QB - Romo, Locker
RB - MJD, Richardson, K Smith
WR - Fitz, Bowe, D Thomas, K Wright
TE - Witten, Cook
DST - 49ers
K - Akers

WHIR, thanks!
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: How to maximize value for Jennings?

Postby Stevooo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:21 pm

I really like Jennings this year and think he will be a boarderline RB1 if he gets the right chance, which it seems he will. I wouldnt do this but you risk MJD coming back and getting no value for him.
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Cuffs » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:57 pm

I have a similar problem in that I am a Foster owner who didn't get Tate and wound up with Jennings as a late round pickup. Considering that the Tate owner drafted him several rounds earlier, I don't think he'll seriously consider trading Tate for Jennings straight up. I am hoping for a week 1 output where Jennings scores big and Tate does little, and will try to trade him at that point.

IMO, unless MJD pulls a Vincent Jackson, Jennings doesn't have much long term value if MJD stays healthy. Jennings has very high value in the first couple of games but then that value drops off. If MJD ever shows up, it would most likely be, at best for Jennings, a timeshare early on with MJD increasing the workload by mid-season.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:15 pm

Cuffs wrote:I have a similar problem in that I am a Foster owner who didn't get Tate and wound up with Jennings as a late round pickup. Considering that the Tate owner drafted him several rounds earlier, I don't think he'll seriously consider trading Tate for Jennings straight up. I am hoping for a week 1 output where Jennings scores big and Tate does little, and will try to trade him at that point.

IMO, unless MJD pulls a Vincent Jackson, Jennings doesn't have much long term value if MJD stays healthy. Jennings has very high value in the first couple of games but then that value drops off. If MJD ever shows up, it would most likely be, at best for Jennings, a timeshare early on with MJD increasing the workload by mid-season.

I agree with the last, Jennings value is completely dependent upon MJD, HOWEVER, they have already said that Jennings will be RB1 come week 1 regardless of MJD reporting or not. As a Jennings owner myself, I am trying to trade him, but not fully knowing what MJD will do, I'm not about to just ship him off for nothing. There are very few offense that dont run a RBBC, and Jacksonville is one of them, I know the offense is terrible, but Jennings will get the touches. He should be starting for someone in your league until MJD reports and likely at least 2 weeks after that. I attempted to deal him to the MJD owner in my league, but he's got his head in the clouds thinking MJD will get dealt, which if he did the trade would be even better for him (2 starting backs instead of 1 and an insurance policy).

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=516780
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions