Bmarsh **WHIR** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Bmarsh **WHIR**

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bmarsh **WHIR**

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:53 pm

So, I like my team, but I notice another team that is super weak at RB and has Mr. Brandon Marshall, who I really like this year.. So I'm trying to put together a trade and was thinking of pairing up Steve Johnson with either Rashad Jennings, or Kevin Smith. I feel fine giving up both as I feel like I got plenty of depth at RB with Foster, Murray, Spiller, Tate, Jennings, R. Williams and K. Smith. rest of the roster is below. Which would you pair up with Johnson, or would you go with another package?

Mine:
QB: Vick, Cutler
RB: Foster, Murray, Smith, Spiller, Tate, Jennings, Williams
WR: Ju. Jones, Brown, Johnson, Garcon
TE: Gates

His:
RB: DMC, Helu, Hightower, Gerhart
WR: BMarsh, D. Thomas, Britt, D. Moore

Thanks for looking! Leave a link, I'll be online for at least a few hours answering other Q's as I have nothing to do ;-D
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bmarsh **WHIR**

Postby jeloman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:56 pm

If you can give up Jennings along with Steve Johnson for Brandon Marshall, I think that'd be a great trade for you. I like Marshall a lot also since he's paired up with Cutler once again and I think both of them will have a good year. Jennings is at his highest value right now since it seems that MJD will be holding out and will be out for maybe the season opener. Once MJD is back though, he's the man.

viewtopic.php?t=516777
jeloman
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby dilhan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:11 pm

tough to say because yes, it would be great if he would accept jennings and johnson for marshall, but I do not see him accepting that kind of trade (I can't see myself even considering, seeing as jennings is only going to be a factor for the time mjd is gone). In that sense I don't think jennings is enough of an upgrade for your trading partner to validate that trade. If you go beyond jennings and offer someone like murray, I think you are giving up too much. I would personally stay put in a situation like this. Or trade jennings after a good week of production hoping he bites.

thanks for the help on mine
.5 ppr - 10 man league
Qb: Cam Newton/Tony Romo
Rb: Matt Forte/Marshawn Lynch/Benjarvus Green-Ellis/Stevan Ridley/Donald Brown
Wr: Jordy Nelson/Percy Harvin/Eric Decker/Brian Hartline/Kenny Britt
Te: Aaron Hernandez
Kicker: Tynes
Def/St: Vikings
dilhan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:17 pm

dilhan wrote:tough to say because yes, it would be great if he would accept jennings and johnson for marshall, but I do not see him accepting that kind of trade (I can't see myself even considering, seeing as jennings is only going to be a factor for the time mjd is gone). In that sense I don't think jennings is enough of an upgrade for your trading partner to validate that trade. If you go beyond jennings and offer someone like murray, I think you are giving up too much. I would personally stay put in a situation like this. Or trade jennings after a good week of production hoping he bites.

thanks for the help on mine

Yeah I agree, Jennings needs the right trading partner. This guy is in desperate need of RB's though, and I honestly feel better about keeping Jennings for a few weeks into the season and trying to deal him then. Kevin Smith on the other hand seems to hurt his ankle if the wind changes direction.. Hopefully this fact is lost on my trading partner..
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby WastelandENT » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:33 pm

I also like Marshall a lot this year. I would do Johnson and Smith for Marshall, Smith gets injured every year and is in a slightly similar situation to Jennings once LeShoure gets back after week 2. The main difference here is how injury prone Smith can be and the fact we know for sure LeShoure will be back week 2 and on the other hand MJD seems ready to hold out for a while and Jennings could end up producing for 3 to 5 weeks maybe even more.

Thanks for helping me out!
WastelandENT
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby pangbones » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:38 pm

I would trade either RB with Johnson for B Marsh, but I think you'd have to give up more. I wouldn't accept that if I were the other guy. Maybe if u threw in 2 of those backs, but even then, he's taking a big chance.
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BearsFan65 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:42 pm

Thanks for the help with mine. I don't see how you can get a deal done here, but maybe he's less value driven than I would be. I'd want a package that included Murray to even think about trading Marshall. You might have to offer Brown + RB (which isn't bad for you, Garcon is a nice WR3 option). Brown + Smith would be my preference, but Brown + Jennings wouldn't be bad either. Obviously though, you start with Stevie as the WR on the block. Good luck!
BearsFan65
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 45)

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:49 pm

BearsFan65 wrote:Thanks for the help with mine. I don't see how you can get a deal done here, but maybe he's less value driven than I would be. I'd want a package that included Murray to even think about trading Marshall. You might have to offer Brown + RB (which isn't bad for you, Garcon is a nice WR3 option). Brown + Smith would be my preference, but Brown + Jennings wouldn't be bad either. Obviously though, you start with Stevie as the WR on the block. Good luck!

I understand that I'm low balling him quite a bit, but the fact is he's a DMC injury away from starting Helu/Hightower and Gerhart.. so I think I actually have the upper hand in the matter.. either way, I like my WR's the way they are so if there's no deal here then that's a-okay with me, I feel like my team is the strongest of the league and my depth at RB is better in some cases then others starters..

BTW Thanks for the help everyone so far!!
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby Favre.com » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:31 am

The trade is great for you don't get me wrong. I doubt he takes it as Marshall to Johnson is quite a downgrade. In your position the best thing that could happen is MJD continues the holdout and Jennings destroys MIN in the first week while his RBs falter. If that happens he may be deseparate enough to pull the trigger.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)

Postby Cuffs » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:08 am

You didn't say how many teams are in your league or how many RBs/flex you start. If there are some other sleeper RBs available on the WW, that might make me more likely to trade an RB to try to get a WR.

Personally, I think your WRs look pretty good as is. (Is that Vincent Brown or Antonio?)

It never hurts to ask, but you'd be doing well to get Marshall for either of those RBs and Johnson. You might consider Tate. He's drafted pretty high for a backup and is barely startable as long as Foster is healthy.

I'd try to trade Jennings over Smith. Personally, I am liking Kevin Smith this year. There have been threads about it, but he had a great final 7 or so games last year, and he will get receiving yards too. LeShoure is coming off a nasty achilles injury that kept him out his rookie year. So in addition to this season being the first back from a bad injury, he is effectively a rookie. Plus he hasn't historically been used much in the passing game (at Illinois) and blew pass protection on the play where Stafford injured his hand. He had 5 rushes for 1 yard in his first preseason game.

I know there's potential with LeShoure and he might steal goal line touches from Smith, but if Smith is healthy (I know, big IF), I don't think LeShoure will become the primary ball carrier this season. And Smith is only 25 years old. Seems like he's been around forever, but if McFadden isn't seen as too injury prone to draft in the first 2 rounds, I don't see how Smith would be seen as too injury prone as a 6-7 round pick.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions