Bmarsh **WHIR** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Bmarsh **WHIR**

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Bmarsh **WHIR**

Postby LSUby50 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:28 am

id throw in both the Rbs(jennings and Smith) with stevie if you could get Marshall out of it. I think he's in for a huge year and you could use the upgrade at WR. And its so early in the season, you could still scoop up some rb depth when injuries hit. I would try to make that happen.
Last edited by LSUby50 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 59)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:30 am

Cuffs wrote:You didn't say how many teams are in your league or how many RBs/flex you start. If there are some other sleeper RBs available on the WW, that might make me more likely to trade an RB to try to get a WR.

Personally, I think your WRs look pretty good as is. (Is that Vincent Brown or Antonio?)

It never hurts to ask, but you'd be doing well to get Marshall for either of those RBs and Johnson. You might consider Tate. He's drafted pretty high for a backup and is barely startable as long as Foster is healthy.

I'd try to trade Jennings over Smith. Personally, I am liking Kevin Smith this year. There have been threads about it, but he had a great final 7 or so games last year, and he will get receiving yards too. LeShoure is coming off a nasty achilles injury that kept him out his rookie year. So in addition to this season being the first back from a bad injury, he is effectively a rookie. Plus he hasn't historically been used much in the passing game (at Illinois) and blew pass protection on the play where Stafford injured his hand. He had 5 rushes for 1 yard in his first preseason game.

I know there's potential with LeShoure and he might steal goal line touches from Smith, but if Smith is healthy (I know, big IF), I don't think LeShoure will become the primary ball carrier this season. And Smith is only 25 years old. Seems like he's been around forever, but if McFadden isn't seen as too injury prone to draft in the first 2 rounds, I don't see how Smith would be seen as too injury prone as a 6-7 round pick.

12 team league, 2 RB, 2 WR, and a RB/WR flex. It's Antonio Brown, and yeah I feel great about my team, but I'm not one to sit idle, if I can improve my team I will. I know it's not an ideal trade for the other guy but his RBs are terrible and there isn't much on the WW, Alfred Morris got picked up already, and I think he was the best still out there.

I don't mind trading Jennings, but I preferred to get smith traded before he gets hurt. I honestly would give him both but I think he'd want a WR back and I don't see too much else I want off his roster.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby LSUby50 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:34 am

just take whatever he wants to give (kicker or defense if you have to). In a 10-12 team league, if you can do multi-player trades from your bench for an upgrade on starters, you do that all day. There will be more talent pop up on the ww in the early weeks. look for guys like Kendall Hunter, pierre thomas, etc.

Id offer Jennings, Smith, Stevie for BMarshall + whatever he will give back, maybe one of the redskins rbs or even better if he'll do Gerhart. You would be stacked at your starting positions, and like i keep saying, you dont really have to worry about depth in this size league. There will be very good pick-ups liek every season.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 59)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions