I couldn't help it. I traded for MJD. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

I couldn't help it. I traded for MJD.

Moderator: Football Moderators

I couldn't help it. I traded for MJD.

Postby Favre.com » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:57 pm

I drafted Jennings so I already had the handcuff and I got MJD at a STEEP discount. Andre Johnson and BJGE for MJD and Jordy Nelson.
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: I couldn't help it. I traded for MJD.

Postby Cuffs » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:59 pm

Doesn't look that bad considering how likely AJ is to miss time. But the risk with MJD is that they work him back in slowly and you wind up with Chris Johnson type production, circa the first 7 games of 2011, which kills Jennings' value but doesn't give you a full on MJD production.

Still, Nelson is a stud too and probably more reliable than AJ from an injury standpoint.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:02 pm

I'm not sure I would have done that, the history of RB's coming in after holding out isnt that great, and it doesn't seem like this hold out is gonna end anytime soon. Jordy for AJ is pretty equal, and I'd rather have Jordy, but BJGE could easily have a better year then MJD. I can see why you would do it though since MJD >>> then BJGE when givin full reps, which MJD may not even get when he comes back.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=516780
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby Indibuck » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:14 pm

Cuffs wrote: But the risk with MJD is that they work him back in slowly and you wind up with Chris Johnson type production, circa the first 7 games of 2011, which kills Jennings' value but doesn't give you a full on MJD production.

Bingo. All reports are that Jennings has looked good and earned PT, regardless of MJD being there or not. If Jennings continues to impress, he could be a big drag on MJD's production.

FWIW I think the correct move would have been to deal Jennings while reports suggest MJD will likely miss regular season work. But the trade isn't unfair. I like Jordy Nelson again this year and I think you could very well end up ahead on the deal in the end.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions