Trade Advise Please - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Advise Please

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Advise Please

Postby MrDeMar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:36 pm

I was offered Ben Tate for David Wilson. I'm on the fence with this trade. I know Tate is a hamstring away from starting, but so is Wilson. Any advise?
MrDeMar
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Advise Please

Postby pangbones » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:41 pm

It really depends on the league and what you need. Tate is a safe bet to get consistent work each week. Who knows what Wilson will do. Both guys have tons of upside. Tate really needs an injury to move up, where as Wilson could take over at some point. I say flip a coin.
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby prophecy135 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:45 pm

pangbones wrote:It really depends on the league and what you need. Tate is a safe bet to get consistent work each week. Who knows what Wilson will do. Both guys have tons of upside. Tate really needs an injury to move up, where as Wilson could take over at some point. I say flip a coin.

I think it depends a lot on your other backs.. if you have a roster spot and have 3-4 other backs that you'd start in front of Tate then I might do it. If you own Foster, under no circumstances do you trade Tate. Bascially if you're just stashing Tate in case something happens to foster then I might do it, but even then its a gamble because we dont know what Wilson will do.. I do like Wilson to take over the starting job from Bradshaw at some point during the year, but I think unless Bradshaw gets hurt, he will always see some touches, where as Tate's value is completely based on Foster getting hurt
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby MrDeMar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:55 pm

Thanks for the help
MrDeMar
Monday Morning Quarterback