I need input - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

I need input

Moderator: Football Moderators

I need input

Postby Jimmybuffet » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:21 am

Is it a big no no to start a running back against your team defense. One of my backs is willis mcgahee and my team defense is pittsburgh, they play each other. My backup is R.brown from san diego and S. Vareen NE. What do you think. And is there a general rule against starting a player that is going up against your team defense?
Jimmybuffet
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: I need input

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:50 am

Jimmybuffet wrote:Is it a big no no to start a running back against your team defense. One of my backs is willis mcgahee and my team defense is pittsburgh, they play each other. My backup is R.brown from san diego and S. Vareen NE. What do you think. And is there a general rule against starting a player that is going up against your team defense?

First off welcome to the cafe. There are a lot of bright minds in here and articles to read that can significantly help you. We have rankings, mock drafts, and up to date articles. Look around and in a year you will be as good as anyone in your league. ;-D

Now as for the question. Ive heard people say that but the fact is Im starting the best player possible regardless of if it is my D or not. It really doesnt matter if you think about it. If its not your rb running against them its another and the other can only lose you Defense points with every yard gained and point scored. At least when its your RB you are getting something back as insurance for the loss.

So it really depends on how you look at it but I would not worry about if it is your defense or now. Just play the best player that is going to get you the most points. That is Mcgahee I feel.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby gatorman1122 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:34 pm

Jimmybuffet wrote:Is it a big no no to start a running back against your team defense. One of my backs is willis mcgahee and my team defense is pittsburgh, they play each other. My backup is R.brown from san diego and S. Vareen NE. What do you think. And is there a general rule against starting a player that is going up against your team defense?

With your crop of RBs, go with McGahee without question. Go with Pitt for DEF unless there are better matchups on the waiver wire (unlikely since PIT is a pretty good fantasy DEF).
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby latraffic » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Welcome to the cafe!

I hate it when that happens but it is pretty much unavoidable in the long run. You do need to put your best team on the "field" though and that means McGahee and Pitt. Just hope that you get your RB goes off while hoping Peyton sucks and throws five picks.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby DFWallace » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:06 pm

latraffic wrote:Welcome to the cafe!....while hoping Peyton sucks and throws five picks.

Same here, as I want the Pats to get a bye through the first round....want Gronk back relatively healthy....
DFWallace Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Beginner's Forum